Did you mean: 

Community Spotlight

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey guys, 

It's time for another community spotlight! This time the focus is on @Glory1. Glory1 joined the O2 community in August last year and have very quickly become a regular face around the forum. 

We have asked a bunch of questions to help everyone get to know them better. As always feel free to ask any follow up questions Smiley Wink

What’s your name and where are you from?

My name is Gloria Starr and I'm originally from New York City. Having an interest in, and love for, all things British I decided to move to England in 1969. I arrived by ship in Southampton 30th November 1969. Moving to London 3 weeks later where I have lived ever since.

Why did you join the O2 Community?

I joined the o2 Community initially to ask if I should chase o2 about my pre-order of the Note7 as they had not got back to me. The overwhelming answer was yes as o2 would not ring me. Oh so right.

Favourite thing about the O2 community?

My favourite thing about the o2 Community is the people. They are friendly and fun. Every time I have posted a problem, within minutes I have had a reply. Usually several replies all with good advice which has proved helpful. They have all been very friendly and I have not laughed so much in ages.

Apple, Android or Windows?

Android all the way.

Favourite movie/TV show/actor?

Favourite movie: The Shawshank Redemption, A Few Good Men and Chicago. I have watched these films many times and enjoy them each and every viewing.

Favourite TV Show: Breaking Bad, The Wire and Modern Family. Excellent shows that I can watch again and again.

Favourite actor: Leonardo di Caprio. And not for his good looks. From the first time I saw him in This Boy's Life I knew he was special. And he proved to be in The Departed, The Aviator, Gangs of New York, the Great Gatsby, Shutter Island, the Woolf of Wall Street and his latest The Revenant just to name a few. A superb actor.

Which person (living or dead) would you like have a conversation with and why?

This took me some time but the person I would like to have a conversation with is the late Sammy Davis Jr. To me he was the best all-round entertainer. He could sing, dance, act, played several instruments and was 'the fastesr gun in the West'. He also came back from an horrific car accident in which he lost an eye, and from which it was thought he would never perform again. He proved them wrong. Also he taught himself to read and write having no formal schooling. A major achievement in my book. I would love to talk to him and get to know the man behind the gossip and headlines. I'd also like to ask him why he sang and danced for me when I was a baby in a pram! Yes folks, according to my mum, Sammy Davis Jr performed for me when I was a baby. Apparently I loved it so my mum said. Me I don't remember....😊

Do you have any pets?

No I don't have any pets. Unfortunately my flat is too small. But my favourite animals are cats - both the domesticated and the large cats, especially the cheetah. I love dogs as well and if I had a huge house would have a selection of both. Umm.....not the cheetah as that could be dangerous 😄

Whats your favourite meal?

My favourite meal is any pasta dish though I'm partial to lasagne. But made the New York way not the British way - sorry.

Whats your favourite book?
The Stand and It by Stephen King
Noble House by James Clavell
Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

I have read all these books at least 5 times and they are all in my Kindle to read again.

Whats your favourite sport?

Favourite sport: though I love football American and British, my favourite is still baseball. I grew up a Dodger fan introduced to the game and team by my mum who grew up in Brooklyn. I add the latter bit of info about my late mum as the Dodgers were the Brooklyn Dodgers before they moved to LA. I followed and supported the Dodgers until I left for England. Also supported the Mets as they are a New York team and was thrilled when they won the World Series in 1969. No printable comment (in the Community) on the Yankees. Let's just say I don't like them....😠

Future developments in mobile tech your looking forward to?

The future developments in tech I'm looking forward to is the Galaxy Note 8 preferably not given to exploding or bursting into flame. But including the outstanding features in the defunct Note7.

Hobbies besides mobile?

My hobbies apart from mobile are:

An avid reader,

Love films and have an ever growing collection,

Love TV with an ever growing collection of TV box sets of Sky shows which as I don't and won't have Sky is the only way I get to watch them,

Love watching TV and record and stream many TV shows (the latter via catch up services and Amazon Prime Video),

And playing games on my mobile and Kindle. I have hundreds (and I do mean 100s) on my Kindle. I didn't realise just how many until I got my new Kindle and download my games from the Cloud - shocker! But playing games keeps my mind active very important at my age.

So we come to the end. I hope my answers have given you some idea of who I am. Any questions please feel free to ask.

Awesome thanks for sharing Gloria! If anyone has any follow up questions feel free to post them below wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52

Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome @Glory1 nice to know a bit about your good self 

Message 2 of 53

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Thank you @Anonymous. And can I just say I love your handle. I think it's very apt.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 53

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

Great spotlight @Glory1 and good to know more about you Smiley Very Happy

Your interests and hobbies are very similar to my own too.

I do have just the one question....will you marry me? LOL

Message 4 of 53

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Ummm.... correct me if I'm wrong but don't you already have a partner @jonsie?

Anyway Thailand is a rather long commute from London 😁 Still I do appreciate the offer. It's been a while since anyone proposed to me - a long while 😙

Message 5 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Glory1 

Message 6 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's lovely to know more about you @Glory1

You've become a friend to us in the O2 Community forum

thank you slight_smile 

Message 7 of 53

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Thank you @Anonymous it's very kind of you to say so. I feel you have become my friends too.

Message 8 of 53

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

Yes I have a partner.....at the moment!! Help

Anyways, you have been a breath of fresh air to the community so stick around Mexican Wave

Message 9 of 53

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Thank you @jonsie. And I intend to stick around, promise 😀

Message 10 of 53