Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Topics: 83
Blog Posts: 2

Re: Community Spotlight

Not at all @Marjo. I don't have to get up early unless I want to, my time is my own and I do what I want when I want. As perfect a life as you can get.

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed my job but to be able to please myself now that I'm retired is priceless. And, as they say, life's too short and no one ever said at the end I wished I'd worked more....😊
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Topics: 677

@Marjo wrote:

Do you ever miss working? Smiley Happy

If we are opening this question out I would say I do miss working. I retired from nursing....missed it so much I went back after 2 months. I say went back ...I didn't go 'back' to the same job which was in management. I applied at an agency and went back to do the job I was trained for... ie looking after patients. That's the problem with nursing The more you progress up the career ladder the less patient contact you have....

*The Game Is On*

I understand where you're coming from @Cleoriff. You have a rewarding job.. I had some fantastic nurses the 3 times I was in hospital and they made my days more comfortable and as pleasant as being in hospital can be. I couldn't thank them enough.

However, none of my jobs were like that. For over 30 years I worked in offices as an administrator/secretary. And then was deemed too old for office work in spite of my experience. So, being out of work for some time I wound up applying for a job in my local Waitrose. And because they didn't care about my age was employed as a cashier. A job I held until retirement. Not office work and didn't pay what I had earned as an administrator/secretary. But it was more than enough to clear my overdraft and storecard debt. It was also a great company to work for and gives me one of my 3 pensions.

Topics: 100
Ideas: 2

I was going to ask about the New York lasagne, but @Marjo beat me to it.

Mozzarella... Or perhaps Monterey Jack?
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty. Douglas Adams.

No, @pgn mozzarella; at least where I ate my lasagne in various Italian/Sicilian homes.

All made it the way their mamas taught them. And their mamas all  came from "the old country" as they say in the States. Meaning they came from various parts of Italy or from Sicily.

Mine is made with a mix of ricotta, grated cheese (like a mature cheddar), some plain yogurt and egg - it bakes and sets, making a drier lasagne that holds its shape better.

I must try my hand at a Timpana pie one day - it comes from a little further south than Sicily Smiley Happy

@pgn wrote:
Mine is made with a mix of ricotta, grated cheese (like a mature cheddar), some plain yogurt and egg - it bakes and sets, making a drier lasagne that holds its shape better.

I must try my hand at a Timpana pie one day - it comes from a little further south than Sicily Smiley Happy

Now that sounds a bit more like it, no cheese sauce, which I personally hate. Must try your recipe @pgn when the weather is a bit cooler. Not keen on the oven on now scream

Yes, ovens and hot weather do not mix.🌞😩

BBQs, or outdoor firepits, though, seem to be acceptable in such weather 🤔 (wasps permitting).

I'm just surviving on salads over the past few days/ Hot food is an absolute  nono for me in this weather. cool

*The Game Is On*

PS just realised this is @Glory1 's Spotlight! rofl

Trust @pgn  to go round digging up all the old stuff. LOL

*The Game Is On*