cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Over WiFi via O2.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

After the recent introduction of calling over Wifi added into iOS 8 for iPhones and another Network allowing it I thought I'd ask O2 as I cannot Tugo being Payg.

I asked O2 Twitter "Do we know if O2 will be supporting / allowing Wifi Calling.Which will be a feature in iOS 8 please. Thank you in advance. slight_smile -"

Reply from O2 Twitter

"WiFi calling won't be supported, but you can use TU Go which is multi-platform and cross-device for WiFi calls already :-)"

I said "hi. For clarification will it not be supported at all ? -"

O2 Twitter Reply

"That's correct, but with TU Go you can already make your calls over WiFi"

Conclusion : I'm fortunate to be in a good reception area but was hoping to be able to make use of this feature. 😞
Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions
Message 31 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
Outbound calls work a lot of the time, but inbound is useless, unless you know you will receive a call, when you can have the phone unlocked and the TuGo app open. So basically, not fit for purpose on the receive side.

Wifi calling (iOS) would be perfect.

This kind of thing is one of the reasons Apple released the original iPhone on limited networks. They wanted to be sure that those networks that they went with allowed the phone to be used to its full ability, not in some crippled form, which is what is now happening.
Message 32 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have no reception, Have supported Tugo from the start .
It's basically useless don't bother with it .
With EE supporting intergrated wifi it's time to walk
Message 33 of 40

MI5
  • 144341 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
If that suits you then you must go to EE - It's the beauty of choice.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 34 of 40

jonsie
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Aftre having Tu Go on my various iphones since launch, supporting it and wanting it to improvbe with every update that was released, I've permanently deleted it today and will never downl load it again. Pile of crap.

Hoping for offical wifi calling from O2 soon!

Message 36 of 40

jonsie
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Massive problems with iphones and TuGo and the developers seem to have hit a brick wall with it. Hopefully o2 or Three will introduce wifi calling but as usual a deadly silence from o2 about this.

Message 37 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK have given it a year waiting for o2 to catch up and introduce prpoer wifi calling. Finally gave up and after 27 year with Cellnet/O2 I've moved my whole family to EE.

Shoudl have done it sooner. I finally have mobile signal over wifi at home and can delete TUGO!
Message 38 of 40

jonsie
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Can't say I blame you, you pay a lot of money for a smartphone these days and should be able to use it as the manufacturers' intend them to be used.

Message 39 of 40

MI5
  • 144341 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
I like the free roaming you get with Tugo.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 40 of 40