Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring Back TV Programmes

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What TV programmes do you miss, or too young to see at the time, and would love to see reshown?

I know that some old programmes are repeated on channels such as Dave, Yesterday, Drama, Gold -

feel free to mention any that you miss and are pleased on any of these, or other channels, as I for one might have missed them.

Here are a few of mine, I`d love to see reshown:

The Liver Birds - with the lovely Polly James and Nerys Hughes

The Prisoner

Dave Allen Show

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 76
75 REPLIES 75

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

The biggest question on everyones lips when it finished was 'Who was No 1?'

Also the final episode was such a conundrum causing outrage among viewers at the ending, that Patrick McGoohan had to leave the country for a while as he was being threatened...tongue_winking

True @Cleoriff

In fact, Patrick wrote it and was shown in two parts (which added to the suspense but also contributed to the uproar).

The series was also cut short, so, maybe (and this is only my hunch) if other episodes had been made, then it might not have been so confusing to some.

Me? I too was addicted. My fav episode was the one in which he wins an art competition and uses the exhibit to try and escape from the Village.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 31 of 76

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

The biggest question on everyones lips when it finished was 'Who was No 1?'

Also the final episode was such a conundrum causing outrage among viewers at the ending, that Patrick McGoohan had to leave the country for a while as he was being threatened...tongue_winking

True @Cleoriff

In fact, Patrick wrote it and was shown in two parts (which added to the suspense but also contributed to the uproar).

The series was also cut short, so, maybe (and this is only my hunch) if other episodes had been made, then it might not have been so confusing to some.

Me? I too was addicted. My fav episode was the one in which he wins an art competition and uses the exhibit to try and escape from the Village.

Yes, I remember that episode @Mi-Amigo. Very clever I thought

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 32 of 76

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo

I'm not sure another episode would have revealed all. It was MacGoohans cunning plan to leave us in limbo!

I saw him on a talk show in the 70's when he was asked about it and the only answers he gave were ...

As long as people feel something, that's the great thing, it's when they're walking around not thinking, not feeling, that's though, that's where all the dangerous stuff is, cause when you get a mob like that, you can turn them in to the sort of gang that Hitler had".(That statement caused outrage )

Also the biggest clue in his words "Freedom is a myth.We all continue to be prisoners"

I said at the time and still believe that No 1 was in fact MacGoohan himself...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 76

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My fav quote from The Prisoner was

I used to use that all the time - and got me into so much trouble with teachers at school LOL

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 34 of 76

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My neighbour has just popped round and while chatting I mentioned this Community and told her about this thread.

She asked if I remember this ITV rival to Blue Peter?

I remember it. Does anyone else?

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 35 of 76

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

My neighbour has just popped round and while chatting I mentioned this Community and told her about this thread.

I do... does anyone else?

Video unavailable @Mi-Amigo?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 36 of 76

MI5
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

I can see it - It's Magpie.

Tommy Boyd, Jenny Hanley etc.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 37 of 76

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Thanks @Cleoriff I found a replacement, which is better...

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 38 of 76

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I'm annoyed. I still can't see it. FF on PC nor Chrome on Mobile. confounded

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 39 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

My fav quote from The Prisoner was

I used to use that all the time - and got me into so much trouble with teachers at school LOL

Like this @Mi-Amigo ... you could say it today & it would be relevant imhho ... luvved the whole mystery / magic of the show ... McGoohan was right to keep use all guessing = it's all part of the plot 

Message 40 of 76