Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number deactivated in error

SiSi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

used a PAC to bring a number from EE to o2 payg, the advisor then sold me a paym after this request was submitted. So he advised once the migration was done to contact o2 again to migrate o2 payg to o2paym.

I did this and I have nothing but trouble since.

I have been told the number has been disconnected and other advisors tell me the migration process is happening. I have been quoted 4hrs , 24hrs, 48hrs and unto 7 days for the migration to take place.

all the advisors are singing from a different book and telling me different things.

The last advisor has said he has requested the number to be reactived

I have only been with o2 8 days and I'm fed up already.

I have had the number for 15yearsSo its important I get my number back as I never instructed them to disconnect my number.

I have emailed a complaint and had no response, the ombondsbum can't don't anything until 8 weeks have passed.

Its been 8 days and I just need my number reactivating!

Has anyone had something similar resolved. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7430 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

You might have a wait here @SiSi. O2 teams are often either unable or unwilling to engage with customers who have an open complaint on their record. And at the moment, it is often taking O2 up to eight weeks to investigate and respond to complaints.

Nevertheless, you need to persevere with O2. Unfortunately, this is a customer to customer community so we cannot access your account or offer other direct help.

I suggest that you message O2 on social media :-

Facebook : https://o2uk.co/O2CFB

X (previously known as Twitter) : https://o2uk.co/O2CTW

Instagram : https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

The social media team are UK based and have a good reputation for solving problems.

A complete schedule of how to contact O2 is in :-

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Message 2 of 6

SiSi
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

All the advisors in the call centres are all singing from a different hym book, telling me different things.

Somebody has told me today the request to reinstate the line has been requested, so it should be processed within 24hrs.

I have been with o2 8 days trying to migrate a number, Ive never known something be so difficult.

The advisors either lie or just hang up the phone.

I need my number back and I will wait the 8 weeks and got to the Ombudsman if they want to play that game.

Message 3 of 6

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7430 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Did you get your number back within 24 hours as promised @SiSi ? 

Message 4 of 6

Arts
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Me too so tired of thi s o2 customer care service. All they keep saying is I apologise. I don't  need their  apoilogies, all am asking is to activate my Sim, it's 2 weeks and am calling  them literally every day. None of .them.are able to activate my Sim. Am without a phone for last  2 weeks and it's affecting my family and work life. I cannot afford to loose the No. As I got it for last 18 years, and more over am with o2 for 18 years 
I made a complaint and nothing is happening.
Anyone able to help me as what I should do next please. Please help me.

Message 5 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12339 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1146 Solutions

Why does your sim need activating @Arts ?

PAYG sims just need topping up.

New contract sims are normally active when they are sent out.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 6