Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real Bread Week 23 Feb-3Mar 2019

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25158 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just found out that this week is Real Bread Week....

So what do you like in your butties?

I`m gonna get a banana sarnie....

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

How exciting @Mi-Amigo! Banana sandwich sounds great, especially if you throw some peanut butter in there as well. Being French I'm a big fan of bread heart_eyes

I got a bread machine at Christmas and I've been making a little loaf every weekend since then. My favourites are olive bread, and wholemeal seeded bread. I had to look up "sarnie", I'd never heard that word for sandwiches - learning new words every day. wink

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 2 of 13

Mi-Amigo
  • 25158 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

How exciting @Mi-Amigo! Banana sandwich sounds great, especially if you throw some peanut butter in there as well. Being French I'm a big fan of bread heart_eyes

I got a bread machine at Christmas and I've been making a little loaf every weekend since then. My favourites are olive bread, and wholemeal seeded bread. I had to look up "sarnie", I'd never heard that word for sandwiches - learning new words every day. wink

Although I`m not French @EmilieT, I love bread - but must admit haven`t tried olive bread so that`s going on my shopping list.

Oooops me using slang. I lived in Liverpool many years ago and still haven`t lost some of the scouse, and still absolutely love the city, the Liverpool bands, and the best football team in the country!!   

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 3 of 13

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo Don't worry about using slang like this, I'm really happy to learn some new words. wink

Olive bread is so delicious, once you get a chance to try some let me know! Also slightly off-topic but I visited Liverpool last year for a long weekend and I really liked the overall vibe. The weather was really good which helped too. smiling

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 13

Mi-Amigo
  • 25158 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

@Mi-Amigo Don't worry about using slang like this, I'm really happy to learn some new words. wink

Olive bread is so delicious, once you get a chance to try some let me know! Also slightly off-topic but I visited Liverpool last year for a long weekend and I really liked the overall vibe. The weather was really good which helped too. smiling

@EmilieTglad you are happy to learn new words wink "they" tried to teach me French at school and failed miserably, so don`t get replying to my posts in French LOL

and off topic, glad you enjoyed the `pool on your hols

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 5 of 13

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10769 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Dear @Mi-Amigo  and  @EmilieT

I have a bread machine ~ love bread.  I make pittas as the machine makes dough.

I made olive bread ~I put together an ordinary loaf mix and added cut up black olives  ~ is this what you mean @EmilieT

I make onion bread a packet mix and  Tomato and garlic also from a packet pre-mix.

I make loads of pitta breads with different things I pop into the dough, then take out

bread machine and make pitta in small flat rounds and pop into oven 10 mins fan 200c

Then freeze them because I make a batch to be eco.   I like Rye flour and make loafs

from this flour.

Great EmilieT you will love your bread machine what a great Christmas present.Good Idea

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 6 of 13

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10769 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Just found out that this week is Real Bread Week....

So what do you like in your butties?

I`m gonna get a banana sarnie....

Really like tuna in fresh bread @Mi-Amigo

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do love bread ... fave is tomato bread ... my son used to come over & stay alternative weekends with me when studying for his A levels in Leeds, living with his dad who had a bread machine

The Friday evenings I met him from the train station ... well ... the overnight baked tomato bread wrapped up in foil during his day at college ... it was still warm in the middle ... Fantastic

On the 1st Sunday of the month there is a farmers market at the canal basin ... there is a fresh bread stall ... & ... yes the olive bread cob is superb ... ... ... farmers market will start up again about Easter-time

Message 8 of 13

Mi-Amigo
  • 25158 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks guys, you`ve convinced me to try olive bread.

I added it to the shopping list I gave to my carer who does a weekly shop for me on a Wednesday, so a week today a new butty experience for me...

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 9 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Favourite butties

• Apple (Granny Smith)
  • Cheese & Beetroot
  • Corned Beef & Tomato
  • Banana