Did you mean: 

Book VS Kindle

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone!

With today being Shakespeare's day as well as a symbolic day for world literature, I thought it'd be a good opportunity to learn more about your reading habits and how much your phone or technology in general is involved in these. 

As I studied literature, I used to think physical books were the only legitimate way to read, and that reading on a screen could never compare. Commuting everyday with 1000+ pages novels in my handbag slowly made me reconsider my position : I now find that I read much more thanks to my kindle, and how convenient it is yahoo

The Kindle app on my iPhone is also great for a quick read inbetween other things! That being said, the smell of a fresh new book will always be something special, and I don't plan on completely stopping to extend my library anytime soon relieved

So what do you guys think, how do you go about getting through your novels and other books? Are you firm traditionals, a mix of both or do you prefer your books on a screen?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 62
61 REPLIES 61

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Btw, just got home from my first night out in almost 3 months so very slightly hissed and in that take no prisoners mode Whistle

I am presuming that your son landed safely then? On the helipad in your back garden? joy

The ground was too wet so he had to parachute in.....Bouncy

LOL

*coughs* Never seen so many off topic topics, meander off topic from the topic posted. Love it...LOL Soooo...here we go then.

When your son parachuted in @jonsie...did he bring a BOOK or a KINDLE?

There we go, back on topic again Bow

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 51 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jonsie ... did your lad read you a bedtime story? ... joy

Message 52 of 62

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

@ComaChameleon wrote:

@gmarkj

I tried the email, but it didn't worked good for me 😞 like .pdf wasn't converted..

I use calibre too, but didn't tried that special book again yet.

Huh.

That is an odd and annoying thing @ComaChameleon.

It should work as it converted a pdf copy i had of the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy I had.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 53 of 62

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2206 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@gmarkj

Maybe some organisation here doesn't want us to use pdf.... I don't wonder about anything anymore...

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 54 of 62

gmarkj
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Are you using an actual Kindle or the app @ComaChameleon?

I have the app on an Android phone and it lists PDFs in the documents list.

Admittedly reading them as a PDF is not great (scrolls through instead of turns pages) but it does work.

Did you register the email address you sent it from in your Kindle account?

And did you send it to the correct email? I have about 14 Kindle email accounts from all the different apps I have installed!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 55 of 62

ComaChameleon
  • 2206 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
@gmarkj
I only use the Kindle itself. The email is correct, as copies Sent as ... that Amazon-Format... came through...
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 56 of 62

gmarkj
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Very strange.
It must be something to do with which Amazon store you are using.

Message 57 of 62

ComaChameleon
  • 2206 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@gmarkj

Guess so. Internet and shops don't like Germany

Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Message 58 of 62

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Never had that issue @ComaChameleon, it's an odd one you've got there Astounded

Unrelated to this, have any of you Kindle users tried adding more fonts to your Kindle at some point? I'm not sure it's possible, but I was showing my Kindle to @Marjo and we were thinking it'd be an interesting feature ...

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 59 of 62

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93218 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

Never had that issue @ComaChameleon, it's an odd one you've got there Astounded

Unrelated to this, have any of you Kindle users tried adding more fonts to your Kindle at some point? I'm not sure it's possible, but I was showing my Kindle to @Marjo and we were thinking it'd be an interesting feature ...

My son has added custom fonts using Calibre to his new Kindle. He did say it was easy and asked if I wanted some on mine and he would show me how to do it but I declined.

https://www.epubor.com/how-to-install-custom-fonts-in-kindle-without-jailbreak.html

Message 60 of 62