Did you mean: 

Book VS Kindle

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone!

With today being Shakespeare's day as well as a symbolic day for world literature, I thought it'd be a good opportunity to learn more about your reading habits and how much your phone or technology in general is involved in these. 

As I studied literature, I used to think physical books were the only legitimate way to read, and that reading on a screen could never compare. Commuting everyday with 1000+ pages novels in my handbag slowly made me reconsider my position : I now find that I read much more thanks to my kindle, and how convenient it is yahoo

The Kindle app on my iPhone is also great for a quick read inbetween other things! That being said, the smell of a fresh new book will always be something special, and I don't plan on completely stopping to extend my library anytime soon relieved

So what do you guys think, how do you go about getting through your novels and other books? Are you firm traditionals, a mix of both or do you prefer your books on a screen?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 62
61 REPLIES 61

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Message 41 of 62

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35933 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions
Kindle these days, the 'ole peepers are not what they once were (well, one isn't, and the other may not be far behind...).

The basic one, works great in bright sunshine, such as one might encounter on the Costa Blanca in Spain tongue_winking
Message 42 of 62

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I have Virgin....all those channels yet in reality sod all to watch!!

LOLLOL

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 43 of 62

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I have Virgin....all those channels yet in reality sod all to watch!!

I thought you had Sky? How do you watch F1 then @jonsie. Have you got the sports pack from Sky?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 44 of 62

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Nope I have Virgin as it was cheaper than Sky for what I needed. My son has the full Sky package so I use his login on the laptop (:happy-smiley01:) or tablet. For BT sports it's the old Mobdro innit....Dance

Message 45 of 62

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Nope I have Virgin as it was cheaper than Sky for what I needed. My son has the full Sky package so I use his login on the laptop (:happy-smiley01:) or tablet. For BT sports it's the old Mobdro innit....Dance

Ah gotcha....tongue_winking

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 46 of 62

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Btw, just got home from my first night out in almost 3 months so very slightly hissed and in that take no prisoners mode Whistle

Message 47 of 62

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Btw, just got home from my first night out in almost 3 months so very slightly hissed and in that take no prisoners mode Whistle

I am presuming that your son landed safely then? On the helipad in your back garden? joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 48 of 62

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

I am presuming that your son landed safely then? On the helipad in your back garden? joy

The ground was too wet so he had to parachute in.....Bouncy

Message 49 of 62

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

The ground was too wet so he had to parachute in.....Bouncy

LOL

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 50 of 62