Did you mean: 

Book VS Kindle

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone!

With today being Shakespeare's day as well as a symbolic day for world literature, I thought it'd be a good opportunity to learn more about your reading habits and how much your phone or technology in general is involved in these. 

As I studied literature, I used to think physical books were the only legitimate way to read, and that reading on a screen could never compare. Commuting everyday with 1000+ pages novels in my handbag slowly made me reconsider my position : I now find that I read much more thanks to my kindle, and how convenient it is yahoo

The Kindle app on my iPhone is also great for a quick read inbetween other things! That being said, the smell of a fresh new book will always be something special, and I don't plan on completely stopping to extend my library anytime soon relieved

So what do you guys think, how do you go about getting through your novels and other books? Are you firm traditionals, a mix of both or do you prefer your books on a screen?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 62
61 REPLIES 61

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

My son has added custom fonts using Calibre to his new Kindle. He did say it was easy and asked if I wanted some on mine and he would show me how to do it but I declined.

https://www.epubor.com/how-to-install-custom-fonts-in-kindle-without-jailbreak.html

Thanks for the tip @jonsie, if I get a chance over the weekend I'll give this a go ... smiling  Did your son share any other tricks with you?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 61 of 62

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I have a newish Kindle Fire HD with a nice selection of fonts which has recently updated. So I'm happy but wouldn't say no to a few more. The bigger the choice the better. I might just use that link @jonsie so kindly provided.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 62 of 62