Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another rubbish post.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just thought I would add another rubbish2.jpg

Fence%20post.jpg

This place has gotten a whole lot worse lately, part's of this board are turning in to a social media forum full of non related rubbish & link's being posted just so users post counts go higher, carry on like this & it will be as bad as the Giff Gaff forum!

I know im a happy ex O2 customer, looking at the state of this forum it would certainly put me of ever rejoining.

Message 1 of 128
127 REPLIES 127

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

They count, as do the number of new threads started (hence the daily news..), solutions, kudos etc.

Message 21 of 128

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Maybe @Anonymous can clarify this for us?

Message 22 of 128

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

We've already been told previously. They use an algorithm and we will not be privy to the content so that it isn't abused....I'm afraid it is being. ...

Message 23 of 128

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

They count, as do the number of new threads started (hence the daily news..), solutions, kudos etc.

Hi jonsie,

This part is untrue. I have said this to you previously.

We do use a formula, and posts are a miniscule fraction of this. 

@MI5 , as a pontential idea, we could always use the 'Discussion and Feedback section for O2/Tech discussions. Everything else can go in the Off-topic section. The community team is also reviewing our current guidelines.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 24 of 128

MI5
  • 144497 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27702 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

@MI5 , as a pontential idea, we could always use the 'Discussion and Feedback section for O2/Tech discussions. Everything else can go in the Off-topic section. The community team is also reviewing our current guidelines.

Sounds good - When do we start Fantastic ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 128

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
I also think I can get a URL to share with you that gives you an 'Unread posts' feed that omits the discussion sections. I'll see if this is available still. This will be a faster solution than filters.

Get involved:

Message 26 of 128

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

I would just like to say that I agree wholeheartedly with the comments @MI5 and @jonsie have made in this thread. When someone new comes to the forum with a legitimate problem either with O2 or their particular phone, and is faced with barrage of totally unrelated threads that have nothing to do with what they're looking for, or countless threads of news articles that can be found on a myriad of other sites and are just being copied and pasted on this forum, it's bound to make them wonder whether they're in the right place.

I have no problem with posts related to general security issues, or out-of-the-ordinary articles that may not be published on well read sites, but the BBC? Really?

Maybe the title 'Off Topic' is too broad of an expanse, and encompasses too much. Maybe a new division within could be called 'Social Gathering', where the people who want to discuss what colour their nails should be could post whatever they wanted to, and that it's kept off the main page.

I think it's time this forum was brought back to where it was originally intended to be, and why I joined in the first place. Just to help, without looking for a reward for it. That's my two cents. Take it for what you will.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 27 of 128

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Hi jonsie,

We do use a formula,

(1) Why not publish that formula and so end all the speculation?

(2) Why not cease these unnecessary payments altogether?  There is absolutely no need or justification for them.

Message 28 of 128

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Toby wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Hi jonsie,

We do use a formula,

(2) Why not cease these unnecessary payments altogether?  There is absolutely no need or justification for them.

Good points @Anonymous I posted quite happily for 4 years just to be happily involved, help where I could and learn when I couldn't. 

This was a great place but sadly it has evolved into a shadow of what it once was.

Message 29 of 128

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi Gerry,

We will not publish the formula, as this would leave the system open to abuse; Much more more than some members are perceive it to currently be. I have seen this done before and it does not help.

The reason for the rewards system to to say thank you to all of you for your hard work and contributions. Its always been lovely to see the nice comments each time we post the rewards list and I know that it has made a fair few members stick around, or feel like they are more appreciated. However, it seems that you and a few others unhappy with it, so I'll have a chat to the team and see what they think. If you would like to be omitted from the rewards sytem too, let me know via private message.

Get involved:

Message 30 of 128