Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocking Credit Referrals Department

Shirwankhan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My first post on this community as an existing customer and just wanted to share how absolutely shocking the Credit Referrals team and general customer services are. 

So I applied for an additional line back in January which got declined and was told by Credit Referrals to wait until March payment has gone through and apply again. 

Q March cleared payment and applied again and it got declined. Spoke to Credit Referrals who said they would appeal and it would get overturned by back office, I would hear back within 3 working days. So appeal made on the 18th March, waiting patiently and as heard nothing back after 5 days chased them. 

Then told there’s a backlog of orders to proceed and wait to hear back. Waiting another 5 days and chased again. This time only to be told that a claim form hadn’t been filled in. I found that hard to believe as the guy didn’t even take my number and account details so I take that as basically he couldn’t be bothered to look into my issue. 

How shockingly poor this service is, where I work if SLA’s were missed by 7 days heads would roll. 

At a loss really, it is what it is but this is the worst customer service I’ve experienced. 

Pretty sure this post won’t get approved to shield the negative comment. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6628 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1490 Solutions

We get plenty of posts like yours.

It comes as no surprise to us regulars.

My attitude is, if they don't want you, go elsewhere.

O2s Credit department's ways are past finding out.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 8

Shirwankhan
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Totally get your view but would be a shame to lose out on the 20% multisave discount but get guess customer loyalty means nothing with O2. All I wanted was to get a 2nd line for my son. 

Message 3 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@Shirwankhan 

Credit is not guaranteed, so sorry to say but o2 can decide who they want to do business with, and what amount of risk they are willing to accept.. and o2 have decided that you can not have a second line, that is there prerogative, and who is to say that the back office will overturn it, as CS will not have clue what will happen..

Why not look at one of the cheaper MVNO's for your sons sim and save a fortune...  

You could have the same issue with any of the networks, when adding an additional line.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 8

Shirwankhan
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply I appreciate it, my point is that when a customer service team give you a timeframe of 3 days and then two weeks later I still don’t have a response, that to me unacceptable. Interestingly enough I just called in again and was told it’s still being reviewed. 

so in a nutshell they’re another short staffed or just slow, again, it’s all about the customer service / customer experience.  

if you want commit to 3 days then don’t keep stating 3 days. 

Message 5 of 8

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5813 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

I am sorry to say @Shirwankhan that, given the passage of time, your best bet would be to look elsewhere. 

I think telling you that it is still under review is a Customer Service ploy to appease you and get you off the line. I agree that it is unacceptable as you need a positive decision one way or the other, but you only need to search this forum to realise how O2 are struggling with Customer Service at the moment. 👍 

Unfortunately, this is a customer to customer community so we cannot access your account or actually do anything to resolve the issue. 

Message 6 of 8

Shirwankhan
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks mate, I think you’re right, lesson learnt, I was with EE who were much more responsive and customer service was very good, been with O2 for 9 months and will switch back once term is over. Coverage is shocking, 5G speed not even near EE’s network. 

The only reason I switched was to save on cost as O2’s plans are cheaper but guess you get what you pay for!

Message 7 of 8

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5813 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

If you found EE good, then that's your answer. However, the Customer Service across all of the UK mobile network operators is mediocre at best, so I hope that you continue to find EE meets your needs. 

It looks like you might have a use for :-

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Good luck ! 👍

Message 8 of 8