Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another rubbish post.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just thought I would add another rubbish2.jpg

Fence%20post.jpg

This place has gotten a whole lot worse lately, part's of this board are turning in to a social media forum full of non related rubbish & link's being posted just so users post counts go higher, carry on like this & it will be as bad as the Giff Gaff forum!

I know im a happy ex O2 customer, looking at the state of this forum it would certainly put me of ever rejoining.

Message 1 of 128
127 REPLIES 127

Anonymous
Not applicable
'some' Like it
Message 11 of 128

Anonymous
Not applicable
Welcome back @Gerry.

Like you I dipped out for a while but have come back to see if there is any improvement. Jury is out so far lol
Message 12 of 128

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

If you had seen some of the threads before they were decimated over the last few days you would have seen the strength of feeling.....

Message 13 of 128

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

I'm aware that many are frustrated by off-topic content, but our team has always welcomed a variety of types of threads and discussions there so that many different types of people can feel that they can get involved.

We're looking into filter systems but these are not default features so require time to investigate.

In your respective views, what would you allow to be discussed as an off-topic post?

Cheers
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 14 of 128

MI5
  • 144495 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27695 Solutions
Toby, I can only speak for myself, but on an O2 forum anything should be either O2 or tech related. The off topic designation captures threads that do not fit into the pre defined categories already templated on the forum.
There are thousands of general news sites on the internet that anyone can access if they wish and I don't wish to see them on here.
There is also a thriving facebook community for anyone that wants to discuss their lunch, footwear or any other social topics.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 128

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Thanks MI5.

I remember an issue before where members didnt want to see off-topic posts in the 'Unread Posts' page. If this was made possible and you only saw sections you advise in, would this help?

The Off-topic section is exactly that; Off-topic. This means anything can be discussed and many have come here with the kinds of posts that are unrelated to tech/O2 and it has helped them settle into the community. I would never want to inhibit this. I do however want to continue to see if filters are possible.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 16 of 128

MI5
  • 144495 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27695 Solutions
Filters would be a great help.
Some days it takes forever to manually sift through page after page of unrelated discussions to see if there are any genuine help requests.
Also, if off topic is to encompass absolutely anything at all, can we have a section for non o2, non tech related facebook stuff please?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 128

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Some less tech savvy people (like myself) like to use the off-topic section as they feel a little imtimidated by all of the techy posts that they can't contribute to.  Some members like to chat to eachother (like with all forums) so sometimes the off-topic section will get filled with random things.  @Toby and other moderators have started threads about 'guess the film' etc so that members chat with themselves.

Message 18 of 128

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
The community is badly split at the moment, the posting of any old rubbish, upping post counts, the reward system etc.
If you were to take a poll amongst the quorum members (those that haven't already been driven away) I'm sure you will find the majority thinking along the same lines as MI5's post above.
Message 19 of 128

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

It has been said on many occasions that the reward system is nothing to do with post counts.

I remember reading in a thread a while ago when someone said that anyone could bombard with posts and get the maximum rewards and one of the O2 team said that the rewards system works on points and the post count has little or no effect on those points.

Message 20 of 128