cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do you prefer to stand/sit at a gig?

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey guys, 

When going to a gig, some like to dance to the beat of the live music right in front of the stage, while others prefer sitting down to enjoy it more comfortably, or standing quietly on the sidelines to have a little chat with their friends.

As a very short person, I generally prefer seating upstairs -if there is one-, or stand towards the back. I found trying to remain closer to the stage rather challenging in the past. sweat_smile

stock.PNG

Where do you usually prefer to go when attending a gig? Do you like being right in the middle of the action, or enjoy it from a distance? 

Let us know in the comments! Happy Dance

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@EmilieT

If I'm at a 'standing gig' I prefer to be at the front. 5 spring to mind. The Who at Leicester, The Stones at Wembley, The Prodigy at Birmingham, Rod Stewart at Birmingham and the Heavy Metal Kids.. wherever they were appearing!.

For seated gigs and if the venue is tiered, I prefer to be about 11 rows back in the middle row of seats. You get the best view and sound acoustics.

However, if it's the Rocky Horror show, then I like to be near to the front at the end of an aisle. The show is audience participation ao you need to be able to get out into the aisles to 'get involved' joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
At the front always as I’m a gig photographer
Message 3 of 15

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I don't mind either as long as I get a good view.  Being near the front of a heavy metal gig though, you have to be prepared LOL

Thanks

Steve
Message 4 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@welshsteve76 wrote:

I don't mind either as long as I get a good view.  Being near the front of a heavy metal gig though, you have to be prepared LOL

Yes just the same with The Prodigy @welshsteve76. Not heavy metal but electronic punk...they were so loud you could feel your chest reverberating!!

I forgot a gig my son got free tickets for, (He worked for Mercia radio at the time) It was at the NEC and featured people like MC Hammer, Le Chic and loads more. We were at the front and I ended up deaf and a bit shaken with the noise. Great gig though..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 15

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff 11 rows back in the middle tier is super specific, but I can see the benefits of that area of a theatre-like venue! I used to liked going to the front at standing gigs, so I could see everything, but it's just so exhausting when your 5 ft that I now much prefer chilling at the back joy

@Anonymous That's awesome - do you do gig photography for as a personal hobby or are the photos ever used for something else than your private collection?

@welshsteve76 Fair point LOL Are you speaking about those heavy metal gigs from experience then?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 6 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@EmilieT

I can be specific about the seating as they are appearing at the Civic Hall.

My husband worked there for years and still does the website. So he had the pick of the tickets and in that theatre, it really is the best place to sit. joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 15

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@EmilieT

I can be specific about the seating as they are appearing at the Civic Hall.

My husband worked there for years and still does the website. So he had the pick of the tickets and in that theatre, it really is the best place to sit. joy

@Cleoriff That's super handy astonishedsmile I got into the habit of buying tickets well in advance for gigs, plays and such so I can pick what works best for me rather than what's left ... I have a few tickets already for events this year, up until November I think!

signature

Message 8 of 15

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25133 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

If I'm at a 'standing gig' I prefer to be at the front... Rod Stewart at Birmingham and the Heavy Metal Kids.. wherever they were appearing!.

I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS....

I must have been stood next to @Cleoriff at both of those gigs.... Yeh right at the front at both...

I met Gary Holton at the gig in Bromsgrove when HMK supported the Tom Robinson Band - a nice guy and very much like his character Wayne in Auf Weidensein

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 9 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo

I never went to that Bromsgrove gig to see the Heavy Metal Kids.

Though I'm absolutely delighted to find someone else who has heard of them, let alone seen them. Great band and Gary was a brilliant frontman...heart_eyes

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 15