Did you mean: 

O2 Priority - Caffe Nero Menu Review

Seahorse
Level 4: Observant
  • 36 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good morning!

For many years I have enjoyed the o2 priority Caffe nero drink each week. I have tried almost everything they have but they bring out new items all the time. I wondered if anyone would like me to review the items - there's been some pretty flat ones (not flat white) so perhaps it saves you from using up your reward! 

My favourite is the hot chocolate of course!

67533060_367300783988332_1445868858656161792_n.jpg

What I like about it is it taste like they have melted chocolate to make it. I'm not a vegan but I do like to not use cow milk when possible - I actually much prefer the Soya milk in the hot chocolate if I'm honest. 

The nero soya hot chocolate is my go-to priority reward so I give it 10/10!

• rich and chocolatey
  • gives you a nice boost without caffeine
  • extra creamy tasting because of the soya milk
  • hot but drinkable temperature

Oh you should note that because it's chocolate it's not good if you're on a diet!! but that's why it's a reward I suppose slight_smile

Let me know what I should try next week and I will give it a review!

Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56

Seahorse
  • 36 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Mi-Amigo  (or should i say Gracias haha)

The cake is the winner on this one! Ok, we can see about a black coffee or tea (I'll need a caffeine boost on a Wednesday!)

Message 21 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice review @Seahorse 

The Caramelette sounds right up my street ... & ... the crumble cake too

Well Done @Seahorse 

Message 22 of 57

Seahorse
  • 36 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

72451135_464323874170485_3499077703926022144_n.jpg

Black Coffee (Americano)

No idea why it is called Americano but that is what it said on the menu. Thank you for the suggestion @Mi-Amigo ! grin

Now, I will be honest with you, I've never been much for a black coffee. I always need a splash of milk to dilute the natural bitterness of coffee. HOWEVER. This was a very nice drink - after allowing it to cool. It was not overpowering and had a fantastic flavour. Not too bitter at all, very pleasant. The smell alone set me up for what was to come: a very nice hot drink. 

In honesty, I asked for the milk on the side on the off chance I would not be able to survive the tasting. Happily, the milk served as an after drink shot. 

I would recommend this drink for a people watcher or someone looking to spend some time just relaxing in a cafe (or outside the front of a cafe as I like to do when the weather isn't dreary.) As it is warm and strong you can take satisfying sips for up to an hour without feeling rushed.

Nevertheless, when you are finished you will certainly leap out of your chair with energy! Just don't scare the pigeons.

I give this a lovely 8/10 - it only loses points for my personal taste. I'm sure it is right up the street of any coffee conisseur. 

• a long drink for relaxing and just watching time go by
  • not so strong that you are jumping out your skin
  • a good flavour that tastes warm even when it has cooled down
  • pleasant energy boost (without going too hyper)

I hope you enjoyed this! I look forward to the next suggestion!

Message 23 of 57

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Another lovely review, @Seahorse!

I'm not a big Americano fan either (I leave those for @Marjo and @Martin-O2 usually), and I like my coffee with some oat milk in. However it sounds like I may need to try this one at some point, based on your comments

Did you have any snack with it as well or was it a coffee-only stop at NERO this week?

I'm curious to know more about the white chocolate Mocha you had put forward as an option last week, I have no idea how it tastes and would love to get your take on it at some point. The festive drinks are probably out soon as well, looking forward to your review of those if you feel like test-tasting them 🎄

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 24 of 57

Seahorse
  • 36 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you Em. 

I didn't have a snack because I'd just had lunch with my daighter and the baby. I would love to get some suggestions for next weeks combo mind you!

Message 25 of 57

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25015 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Seahorse for your review of the black coffee Americano. From what you said, this appeals to me as I`m not a big coffee drinker and when I`m next in town [next week], I`ll pop into Caffe Nero and order one.

I`m looking forward to seeing what drink and snack you will be reviewing next. 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 26 of 57

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for sharing your review of the Americano @Seahorse. I'm loving the menu review! The Americano is one of my favourite coffee's as I like them strong with no milk or sugardevil 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 27 of 57

Seahorse
  • 36 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can you suggest something for me this week? I had thought about the White Chocolate mocha but am open for your thoughts. 

@Martin-O2 @Mi-Amigo @EmilieT @Anonymous @Cleoriff 

Message 28 of 57

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25015 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Seahorse wrote:

Can you suggest something for me this week? I had thought about the White Chocolate mocha but am open for your thoughts. 

@Martin-O2 @Mi-Amigo @EmilieT @Anonymous @Cleoriff 

@Seahorse 

I don`t mind drinking chocolate when the weather turns really cold in the winter, so I`m curious as to what White Chocolate mocha consists of and tastes like...

Oh and are you going to have a snack this week @Seahorse ? I know you previously mentioned a cake[?] with apricots but wouldn`t be my choice as I`m not a fan of apricots but will go along with the majority.  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 29 of 57

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I've had chocolate Mocha but not white chocolate Mocha so give that a go. I would be interested how different it tastes. Presumably it's made with milk instead of water??

Message 30 of 57