Did you mean: 

Gig anecdotes & fun stories

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone,

We've learned through some of the other gig discussions you've all taken part in that many of you have attended very exciting gigs in the past!

Every concert and event is very unique, and I'd love to hear some of the stories or fun little things that have happened at one you've attended smiley

Two examples from my own experience:

56326507_2277210342299219_5331129715233128448_n.jpgAdele 56439077_633666633740032_9017485503846416384_n.jpg

I went to see Adele at The O2 a few years ago, and while she was singing some confettis started dropping from the ceiling.

These confettis turned out to be little pieces of paper with different lyrics from her songs. Everyone seemed to love it!

VideoGamesLive Capture.PNG56839660_2003725853083955_5290058403270361088_n.jpg

This is a regular show where a live band plays pieces from video game soundtracks, and last year I went to their Halloween special at the Roundhouse in Camden. At the end, they had a surprise for the audience: they had brought in the singer of the original Pokemon song to perform it, and during his performance he threw a giant inflatable pokemon ball in the pit for everyone to play with. It was really fun, and we got to meet everyone afterwards which made the whole night even better. 

Let me know you stories or fun little anecdotes! Happy Dance

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122122 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

I went to see the Prodigy at the NIA in 2016. Without doubt I was the oldest person there.

I took my two lads and they were pretty impressed that Mum could push her way through the crowd at the bar and get served quickly.

Just before the Prodigy came on, I pushed my way through the ever increasing crowd to stand at the front by the stage next to the barrier. My lads couldn't get close.

On came The Prodigy. The crowd went beserk, Jumping up and down and pogo'ing around. Whether I wanted to or not the sheer strength of the crowd had me jumping up and down with them. It was like being in a 'Prodigy Warrior' sandwich. 

Suddenly and without warning, the biggest bouncer in the world appeared in front of me (the other side of the barrier). He reached over, put his arms under mine and physically lifted me over the barrier. (obviously thinking 'what's this old woman doing here'joy)#

So there I was, over the barrier and about 12 inches away from the group. The bouncer gave me a bottle of water and allowed me to stay where I was for 30 minutes. Bliss, I had the group laughing and waving at me.

The only thing was, I was perfectly happy where I was. I knew what to expect and was fine with it. His 'over reaction' did get me closer to the group though and I had the time of my life. Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10628 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @EmilieT 

I certainly can't up-stage @Cleoriff 

I went to a BeeGees concert once and nothing happened at all cry

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122122 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:

Hi @EmilieT 

I certainly can't up-stage @Cleoriff 

I went to a BeeGees concert once and nothing happened at all cry

Well it did @TallTrees  as your post really made me giggle  joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10628 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Great @Cleoriff
Actually I fainted in M&S the next day after all that shouting 😄 if that counts haha 😆

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122122 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:
Great @Cleoriff
Actually I fainted in M&S the next day after all that shouting 😄 if that counts haha 😆

It gets better @TallTrees rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff  I think you told me about this concert before, but I just love this story. A fantastic experience all-around by the sound of it grin

@TallTrees  Oh nooooo, sorry to hear you fainted the day after the concert astonished Seeing the Bee Gees perform live must have been quite something though!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 7