Did you mean: 

Switch Up Confusion

iancarr
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

does anyone actually know what the process for switch up is,

spoke to 3 different stores as credit history is not great and was concerned about losing handset if it went wrong,]

Store A said there was no credit checks with switch up, just the usuall account checks.

Store B said there will be a credit check, and if it fails I will be left without my current handset as the process for switch up will have started and once that happens they take the handset clear balance then start new phone process and if it then fails it will mean they can not give me the original S23 Ultra back due to the system clearing that handsets balance,

Store C said same as Store but said they should give me the S23 back if credit checks fail as they dont actually take the old handset, it needs to be posted by me

Can someone please please please let me know the situation as I do not want to be left with no handset

Never known a   process with so many conflicting stories

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@iancarr 

Asked many times.

O2 do a soft credit check relating mainly to your history with O2.

No one we know of has ever been refused.

Guide: Introducing O2 Switch Up. Swap phones whenever you want! 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

iancarr
  • 17 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

that was what i was led to beleive but store staff said as they clear old account it is dealt with as a new contract and therefore would be full credit checks, so confusing as diferent stores say diferent things. 

I just dont want to go in for S24 Ultra go thru process and end up losing my S23 Ultra too and being without handset

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@iancarr 

We can only tell you what we know and that is no one has been refused.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

iancarr
  • 17 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

cheers appreciate it, one store suggested waiting for a bit as switch up will be soon available online as well as in store.

will probably wait til mid Feb anyway to allow bugs with S24 ironed out

Message 5 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10180 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@iancarr 

You wont lose the handset as that only happens after all the checks are done on the o2 system... and that means the S24 Ultra is yours... 

The only reason it will be declined is if you have outstanding payments on the device plan.. 

I have done lots of switchups and not been declined as yet for one, and as @MI5 says no one has come here to say they have...

The S24 range is getting an update this week from all the information on the tech sites...  

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 6