Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't seem to find my post from yesterday regarding the Prize trip to Dubai

Housebound
Level 1: Joiner
  • 16 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As homosexuality is illegal in Dubai is it safe for LGBTQ+ customers to enter this prize draw?

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Housebound
  • 16 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well thanks for shooting the breeze one and all. Health and happiness
Message 21 of 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Some, but not in an official capacity.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 28

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Housebound The only people employed by O2 on this forum are the ones I mentioned in my first reply to you on page one of this thread. The rest replying are just customers.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 23 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

and as I pointed out yesterday in the deleted post many other things are illegal in the UAE that are not illegal here; such as a couple of the opposite sex who are not married sharing a room. Should only married people be allowed to enter the competition? Or should unmarried couples promise to book a second room?

Message 24 of 28

Housebound
  • 16 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I didn't see what you wrote in the deleted post as it was deleted.

This is what I was trying point out thanks Ian159
Message 25 of 28

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Just read this thread with interest. As per all of the responses and not wanting to get into a huge debate O2 would never bar anyone from entering a competition as this would indeed be discrimination. In addtion they would have absolutely no idea of anyones sexual orientation when they enter a competition.

As for the legality issue that would be for you to decide should you win. Again unless you told anyone how would they know? 

Anyway this all a moot conversation because I have entered and Im going to win 

More info
tongue_winking
Message 26 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Best of luck with that @jezza1234 joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 28

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Housebound, apologies for the delay in replying to your post. We wanted to escalate your question for a response first but we've now received the below in reply to your query.

"Thanks for your message.

At O2, we’re huge campaigners of diversity which is demonstrated through our LGBT Network (Proud at O2), our involvement in the annual Pride events across the UK and our recent television advert for our Oops campaign.  We aim to reflect our diverse culture in all of our marketing activity.

We always try to find promotions and offers to suit our customers, and we’re sorry that on this occasion you feel we were unable to do this. We will pass your feedback to the team."

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 28 of 28