Did you mean: 

Welcome to the Network Members board!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi everyone,

Thanks for becoming part of our Network Members Board!

What does it mean to be a Network Member?

As an active member on our community, we want to maximise your impact and hone your network expertise, so that you can help your friends, family and fellow community members with whatever network query they may have. 

Using this board, we will be sharing new and engaging ways to explain the basics of our mobile network, as well as the insights around new innovative technologies and our evolving network tools.

We want you to share this with your online and offline communities, so if they’re having a connectivity issue, you can help them to understand the network, what the problem might be and help us to fix it.

We’d also love your feedback wherever possible, to help us improve our customers’ network experience.

What are the perks?

As part of the O2 Community Network Members board, you’ll be able to escalate any network issues directly to community managers. That means if you, your friends/ family or anyone on the community are experiencing network issues, they’ll be passed to the right people to investigate much more quickly.

What would you like to learn more about?

To make this board as useful as possible for you, we want to tailor it to your interests. What would you like to learn more about in relation to our network? What network insights would be useful to you when dealing with other community members’ questions?

We’d love this board to become a means for improving the customer network experience, by getting your expert insight. Please feel free to ask questions, provide suggestions and give as much feedback as you can on the content we share.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Hi all nice to be here 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 27

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11959 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions
Hi!
I suppose the main things would be on how to fix any issues, or easy fixes, so that other customers can resolve their query themselves.
Most of those would probably be covered by things like a manual network selection, or restarting the phone but if there is anything else that would be useful or good to know it would help.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 27

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9846 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 2974 Solutions
Hi All, good to be here...

It feels like first day in school tongue
--
This is a customer to customer forum, and there is no o2 support on here, and we do not have access to any personal or account information,

We are all customers like you and I don't work for o2,
Message 4 of 27

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35052 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions
Hola. Some familiar handles 😉
My question would be about the process for porting, or changing from one SIM to another (eg micro to nano) - what are the network steps that have to complete, in what sequence, and how does repeatedly re-booting old and/or new phone affect the process?
Flowcharts, yes, them too 😁
Message 5 of 27

BOSSGOGG
Level 8: Talented
  • 384 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Hi, 👍
unnamed
Message 6 of 27

madasaf1sh
  • 9846 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 2974 Solutions
@pgn

I prefer infographics nowadays 🙂
--
This is a customer to customer forum, and there is no o2 support on here, and we do not have access to any personal or account information,

Message 7 of 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143183 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
All the usual suspects here I see 😁
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 27

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Welcome everyone! It's great to have you all on the Network Members Board. smiling Please keep your suggestions and ideas coming and we'll do our best to get the relevant info for you. Don't forget to check out the July Network News post. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 27

madasaf1sh
  • 9846 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 2974 Solutions
I would like to know more about how the different technologies work from an infrastructure point of view, and how esim etc will have have an impact on networks in the future.

--

Message 10 of 27