Did you mean: 

Welcome to the Network Members board!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi everyone,

Thanks for becoming part of our Network Members Board!

What does it mean to be a Network Member?

As an active member on our community, we want to maximise your impact and hone your network expertise, so that you can help your friends, family and fellow community members with whatever network query they may have. 

Using this board, we will be sharing new and engaging ways to explain the basics of our mobile network, as well as the insights around new innovative technologies and our evolving network tools.

We want you to share this with your online and offline communities, so if they’re having a connectivity issue, you can help them to understand the network, what the problem might be and help us to fix it.

We’d also love your feedback wherever possible, to help us improve our customers’ network experience.

What are the perks?

As part of the O2 Community Network Members board, you’ll be able to escalate any network issues directly to community managers. That means if you, your friends/ family or anyone on the community are experiencing network issues, they’ll be passed to the right people to investigate much more quickly.

What would you like to learn more about?

To make this board as useful as possible for you, we want to tailor it to your interests. What would you like to learn more about in relation to our network? What network insights would be useful to you when dealing with other community members’ questions?

We’d love this board to become a means for improving the customer network experience, by getting your expert insight. Please feel free to ask questions, provide suggestions and give as much feedback as you can on the content we share.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

BOSSGOGG
Level 8: Talented
  • 384 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
I guess it comes under why is wifi calling so limited. What is different from o2 to say ee in that regard.

This is probably one of the most asked questions.
unnamed
Message 21 of 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@BOSSGOGG wrote:
I guess it comes under why is wifi calling so limited. What is different from o2 to say ee in that regard.

This is probably one of the most asked questions.

and why no sms over wifi or wifi calling in EU?

Both of which we had years ago with Tugo which was deleted because we were told wifi calling would replace it (which it hasn't).

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 27

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
I know SMS over Wifi is a lot more complicated to implement from reading the technical documentation from 3GPP (the group who set the GSM Standards)

I will have to test WiFi calling next time im abroad, as i didnt realise it didnt work...

Ahh good old TuGo sadly missed 😞
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 23 of 27

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Missed more than anything else they've taken off us.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Missed more than anything else they've taken off us.

Agree !!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 27

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35213 Posts