cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my o2 app on kindle?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ive downloaded the app at some point and it works fine on my kindle, went to load it on my sisters and cant find it for download now????
Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Cleoriff
  • 123404 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Um version 5.00

Contact Amazon as I suggested....If it is still being displayed as available on there (which it is..) then I think they are the best to help. I have a kindle...dont use it much now... but their customer support is excellent...and immediate.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ooooo i thought you meant the app version...my kindle is 7.5.1_user_5170020
Message 12 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

support dont even know what the app is......then said its not supporded...despite the fact i have it loaded.....with all the poor updates they put out i think kindle is for the bin soon grrrr

Message 13 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

So you could use a software update too! Assuming you sister doesn't update her software often, the first thing to do is update it. And then try again. Also the App store on your sisters laptop, when was it last updated?

PS I've raised this issue with O2 as it doesn't show as available to download for FIRE OS anymore on the website, although it is still showing as supported officially . If it comes back that it's no longer supported I will Update this thread and let you know but for now I'ts worth it to try the usual fault diagnosis.

Message 14 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that.   Acording to amazon my kindle is up to date....its the previous gen fire hd.

Message 15 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

But it's your sister's that cant find right? You have the app in your kindle....right?Astounded

Message 16 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 123404 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

But it's your sister's that cant find right? You have the app in your kindle....right?Astounded

Which is why I suggested downloading it from the Amazon Kindle store.....onto the sisters Kindle! I have two Kindle devices. The basic one and the Fire HD. I checked before I posted....it is available to download on my HD now....if I wanted it (which I don't) Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes its on mine, but says no longer supported by O2, please update. Yes its on amazon web, but has a red x by it and says not supported on your device. And its not in the app store at all on the devices... So i cant find any update for mine, and no download for my sisters one if you follow.

Message 18 of 42

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145113 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
Yes, we understand you (at least I do), but it's not something we can advise on. Amazon is the best place to start to see what they have to say and then it may be a case of escalating to someone who knows what they are talking about within O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 19 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

And go figure the marketing.......there are 3 fire hd devices with the same name, i have the 2nd gen one i think a fire hd ...just before the hdx launched, thats now replaced by yup the fire hd again??!

Message 20 of 42