cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really annoying problem on My O2 accessing the community!

Sammy_boy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have a Nexus 7 2013 and a Sony Xperia z1 compact. Both have this really annoying glitch whereby when in the community section, evert time i press the 'back' arrow (the app one, not the Android soft key) it opens the 'my offers and perks' page and takes me to the page where it tells me how much it costs to upgrade! I have to repeat this half a dozen times before it finally navigates back to the previous page.  The touchscreen on both devices in this app seems glitchy too, it tries to highlight things in other areas of the screen at times. I have an iPhone 5s and never have this bother when accessing the community via that. I've tried exiting the app, signing out and back in again to no avail.

I'm nearly at upgrade time, I hope this isn't O2's way of persuading me to renew!  How do I sort this or is it just me? 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @Sammy_boy

Not sure why this should happen if honest? I don't have the problem when I access the community via my Note 3. However I do it slightly differently..... If I start off on My O2, to get onto the community I go into the Help section (next to My O2) ...the drop down box gives the option of 'Community' I just click that and I am in with no problem.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 13

Sammy_boy
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

It does seem odd! Just tried clearing the app cache and it's still doing it. Might try uninstalling and reinstalling My O2 to see if that helps. I did wonder if it was a fault on my Z1's touchscreen till I tried this evening on my Nexus and got the same problem. Least the phone's not faulty lol! 

Forgot to say, running the latest version 7 of My O2.

Message 3 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Actually that was going to be my next suggestion  to uninstall the app and reinstall it. Often cures a multitude of problems. Let us know how you get on...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 13

L104GB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Also having this issue on iOS devices. Very frustrating.
Message 5 of 13

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Sammy_boy and @L104GB,

Sorry to hear about this! Could you please try re-installing the app to see if it helps? If not, please let me know your device and exact OS and I can talk to the rest of the team.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 6 of 13

Sammy_boy
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Just tried uninstalling and reinstalling My O2 on both the Z1 and nexus and it's still doing it on both devices. Still seems ok on my iPhone so far.

Thanks @Toby, The Xperia Z1 Compact is running Android 5.0.2, and my Nexus 7 is running 5.1.1. Both devices are running standard firmware and are not rooted. I acces the community via the link on the 'hamburger' menu on the left of the screen after signing in. I might try doing it via the community link at the bottom of the sign in screen and see if not signing into My O2 via my pin makes any difference.
Message 7 of 13

Sammy_boy
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just tried on both devices accessing the community via the splash screen without signing into My O2 and so far no annoying 'upgrade' popups! Very strange! Kept me signed in to the community too. Forgot to say in my previous post that the Sony goes to the mobile version of the community, the Nexus defaults to the full version. The problems are present on both versions. 

Actually that's on slight problem with the iOS version, I have to sign into the community every time I access it on my iPhone, not sure if it should keep my automatically signed in. 

Message 8 of 13

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Thanks for the detailed replies @Sammy_boy, really helpful slight_smile

I'll talk to the rest of the team.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 9 of 13

Sammy_boy
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks @Toby,let me know what you find out slight_smile
Message 10 of 13