Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney+ offer?

dbuk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I got an email saying O2 is offering Disney+ free for 6 months, but the email has really vague instructions.

After messing around with the app, which is glitchy, and failing to get through to a human on Aura, I'm opening it up to the Community!

(It's good of O2 to not give immediate support but leave it to customers to figure this stuff out for themselves, isn't it?)

Apparently accessing the offer can only be done via the app, but the offers page doesn't list this deal for me. Does it only apply to people on certain tarrifs, which is the inference I got from the email? How do I know if it's the tarrif I'm on?

Hopefully this message will help others looking to binge during the covid lockdown.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@dbuk 

Follow the screenshots here to see if you can get it https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/My-O2/Disney-Plus-extra/m-p/1306256/highlight/true#M5058

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

LinziK
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I also have the same issue, recieved email, went through my o2 app and didnt add extra as I would be agreeing to a £5.99 per month subscription, clearer instructions would be helpful
Message 3 of 7

dbuk
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5, the link and images are helpful but they seem to apply to a different offer. The email I got said 6 months for free, but the only offer that appears for me is to subscribe for £5.99 and get £2 off my O2 bill.

I guess either I'm not eligable, or the O2 site is garbage, or they're being disingenuous about their offers.

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@dbuk 

It's only free as an extra for new or upgrading customers.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

No @dbuk 

I think due to the current crisis, the systems are taking longer to catch up and O2 are down on numbers with  staff....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@dbuk 

More details and T&C's here https://www.o2.co.uk/extras

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7