Did you mean: 

Problem upgrading my contract

hayley2019
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Community

I am trying to upgrade my contract since Monday with no success. I went to My O2 app and was presented with the message to upgrade free of charge. I chose my handset, sent it to my basket and was ready to checkout when I was presented with this box asking me to verify my account ownership with the text sent to my code. I have screenshot it for you guys to see.

https://ibb.co/qnKRHT5

So far so good!

However, I tried to send the code 3 or 4 times but it was never delivered to my phone, and as a result I was blocked from trying again and now I was told to go to an O2 Store to perform the upgrade.
My husband who is also an O2 customer upgraded his contract last Friday and his phone arrived the next day without any problems.
He told me that there was an option to skip the code and proceed to the basket but I must have missed it.

Apart of me, has anyone else here experienced this same issue?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@hayley2019 

Certain browsers can play up sometimes so it’s always worth trying online with a different one or as we always recommend, go in store as it’s less prone to glitches and you know if the phone you want is in stock. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@hayley2019 

Certain browsers can play up sometimes so it’s always worth trying online with a different one or as we always recommend, go in store as it’s less prone to glitches and you know if the phone you want is in stock. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @hayley2019 did you get a chance to try this with a different browser and if so how did it go? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 3