cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Need quick response) Haven’t been given my extra data bolt-on !

KirstyMcNally
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I was running low on data this morning (1.6GB left) so I bought extra one off 8GB bolt on data for £22.99 at 11:49am 23rd July.

As soon as I bought it MyO2 app showed that I still had 1.6GB left and I had already used the 8GB I had JUST bought.

Now, 10 hours later I still have 1.6GB data left and the 8GB has not been added to the amount I have left.

Do I have to use up all my remaining 1.6GB data for my 8GB to become available to use?

If so, why does it say I’ve already used the 8GB in the data usage tab when I have not used ANY of it and have not been given what I PAID a lot of money for.

Thanks so much in advance for any help,
- Kirsty
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@KirstyMcNally 

You would have to use all your tariff data first before any extra kicked in and the extra is usually added as a bolt on Guide: Where is my discount or Extra Data? 

What I found odd from your post was the fact it said you had used the extra 8gb already which is why I suggest talking to customer service.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@KirstyMcNally 

You'll need to call customer service.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

KirstyMcNally
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for your information?

Just asking, do you know if Bolt-On data only becomes available once I’ve used my monthly allowance? Or is it automatically added on top?

No worries if you don’t know,
Thanks
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@KirstyMcNally 

You would have to use all your tariff data first before any extra kicked in and the extra is usually added as a bolt on Guide: Where is my discount or Extra Data? 

What I found odd from your post was the fact it said you had used the extra 8gb already which is why I suggest talking to customer service.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4