cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyO2 App: O2 would love to hear your feedback!

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

The MyO2 app is used by lots of customers for a variety of tasks such as topping up and getting billing info. The app has also gone through a few updates this year to make it easier to use and navigate.

As the year is drawing to a close, we'd really like to hear how you're getting on with it and what features are working well for you.

So, here's a few questions to ponder:

- How are you getting on with the MyO2 app?

- What features are you finding very useful?

- How would you improve the app?

- Have updates this year been beneficial?

Your thoughts, views and opinions will be really helpful in informing us how it is doing slight_smile

myo2.jpg

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

So far all versions have been an improvement on its predecessor to be fair. 

TuGo ,  priority however.....

Message 11 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
Only thing I can find to improve it would be a way of paying refresh balances on it. Air time I'd leave to the DD but being able to make an ad hoc refresh payment would be nice.
Message 12 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
With refresh being the default for o2 that is a good call @Nandroid.

I would go further though and say it should be possible to pay both that way by adding the facility to tick which part of the bill to pay. Should be straight forward enough to do and use.
Message 13 of 34

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I have to admit, I am not a fan of the app since it's recent iOS update.  I think it is more difficult to navigate and I don't like the fact that the layout of accounts has changed......but that's just my opinion.

I think it should be possible to make a payment on the app rather than have the option there and then be re-directed to the O2 site.....it's like it's teasing us lol.  The app is meant to be there to make it easier to manage your account and make you not need to use the site, yet we are re-directed to the site.

I like the way that you can view a breakdown of your bill.

Overall i'd give it 8 out of 10. Don't know

Message 14 of 34

MarkTadley
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 125 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

How are you getting on with the MyO2 app?

Probably the best app O2 have ever done and one that actually does what it is supposed to do without any problems or niggles

What features are you finding very useful?

UK Data, My Allowances & Recent charges are the ones I look at often

How would you improve the app?

Just make sure you do not break this app seeing as it is working fine. Why improve a good simple working app

Have updates this year been beneficial?

Most definately. With the launch of Apple iP6 & iP6+, the update for the bigger screens is superb.

Tu Go = v2.5.0.431 permanently Turned OFF
128gb iPhone 6+ Slate Grey on O2 Network
No signal or 1bar 2G reception in rural location with O2
Message 15 of 34

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I would like it to make me a coffee! just kidding. The only feature I can imagine would be access to this forum via the app. Everything else works great. 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 16 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Even after the kit kat upgrade the app is still not happy on my Note 2 "Unfortunately ,My O2 has stopped" keep signing in and suddenly it works then next time defaults  back tried taking wi fi off makes no diif plus it pick up the wrong account for the phone its on which seems odd I have 4 accounts and it picks up the s3 account not the note despite being downloaded to the note

Message 17 of 34

MI5
  • 144346 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
You just change the account by tapping the 3 dots at the top of the page - It won't default to the account relating to the phone you are using although this is a good suggestion for an improvement slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 34

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

When I open the app it always defaults to a P&G account I rarely use. There should really be an option to set the default or main account.

Message 19 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
I use it most days & find it really useful to keep track of allowances, how much I've already paid on my handset plan & how much recycle credit I have left on my bill, really easy to navigate the iOS version
Message 20 of 34