Did you mean: 

How to merge two MyO2 accounts

Stimatic
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I've been an O2 PAYG customer for many years, and have had a MyO2 account throughout.  Connected to the account I've had my own phone, plus others I bought and manage for my mum and my daughter.

Today, I upgraded my PAYG tariff to a 12 month pay monthly.  The guy in the O2 store didn't ask if I have a MyO2 account, and when I got home I got texts saying my phone had been automatically registered to a new MyO2 account.  The problem is I'd prefer to keep my original account, and I can't connect my email to this new account because it's already connected to my original account.

I've seen some posts on here saying you can merge accounts by choosing the "bring in other devices" option, but that doesn't seem to work for me, the only option there is to bring in other devices that aren't already registered to a MyO2 account.

How can I either merge the two accounts into one, or deregister my phone from the new MyO2 account and reregister it to my original account?

Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Stimatic 

You can try calling customer service.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Stimatic 

It doesn't matter if the account is already registered or not.

You will just be asked to login with the account details when you bring it in.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 21

Stimatic
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @MI5 ,

Thanks for the swift response.  I need to clarify though, the only option I'm given is to "add products", which states it's for adding things not already registered to MyO2 (I tried it anyway and it gave me an error message and wouldn't proceed).  The option shown in other posts to "bring in products from other accounts" simply isn't there for me to select.

Message 3 of 21

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Stimatic 

Where are you looking exactly?

It shows for me......

Other products.jpg

Currently using:
Message 4 of 21

Stimatic
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 

I sign into the MyO2 webpage, go to my products and services page, and see this:

Screenshot_20220122-195650~2.png

Message 5 of 21

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Stimatic 

That's strange.

Have you tried requesting the desktop site?

Otherwise, If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to add the account for you.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 21

Stimatic
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 

Yes, I've tried it on both mobile and desktop site, same result.

Unfortunately I've not got any of the above social media so they're not an option for me, I might have to go old school and head back to the shop.

Message 7 of 21

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Stimatic 

You can try calling customer service.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 21

Stimatic
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 , thanks very much. 🙂

Message 9 of 21

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Good luck mate, hope you get it sorted.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 21