Did you mean: 

Getting in Contact to Change my Order

Hattie123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I ordered an upgrade to my phone on Saturday. I didn't see an option to select a colour in the process and didn't realise until the end that I ordered the phone in white (the only colour I really didn't want and as phones cost so much I kind of want the choice).

I tried to find a way to change it online or get in contact yesterday. In the end I rang customer services even though the only option to get through was saying it was an emergency. They cancelled the order but says it takes 24-48 hours. However, today I got through several messages about delievery time and other contract details. I am keen to get through to someone to double check if it has been cancelled or if there is an easier way to just change the colour. I messaged 'start a conversation' or agent thing on the 02 app but once I get write the problem it kind of freezes. 

So my questions are:

- Does anyone know how I can talk to someone at 02 without having to lie and say its an emergency?

-Has anyone been able to change the colour when the contract is still being processed? Or do you have to cancel, send the phone back and get a new one? This seems like a massive faff.

- Does anyone know how to get the online chat thing to work?

I am feeling pretty let down by 'customer service' I know it is only the colour of a phone but I feel like I pay a lot of money for a contract with 02 but there is no support from them.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Hattie123 

Usually you would need to return it for exchange https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/our-change-of-mind-policy

You'll can try to call customer service and yes, you need to lie about the reason..
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
Or advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:
If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Hattie123 

Usually you would need to return it for exchange https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/our-change-of-mind-policy

You'll can try to call customer service and yes, you need to lie about the reason..
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
Or advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:
If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Hattie123
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 

That is all really helpful. Thank you!

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

Hattie123
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been on the 202 number with them (I didn't see that number when i actually wanted to talk to someone about choosing a phone). I still have to put in a lot of effort myself to sort it out. I doubt I will use 02 again when this contact is up, but do any of them have good customer service?  There is not even a way to complain to them so I am stuck to ranting on here! 

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

Hi @Hattie123 

I can ask @O2Georgina to discuss your concerns with you......

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Morning @MI5  Thanks for the tag, @Hattie123  I will send you a private message now to discuss your query

signature
Message 7 of 9

Steviepo67
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I just ordered a new phone. Bout after ordering realised wrong colour. Any help appreciated

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Steviepo67 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this

Thanks

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9