Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of contract

Contract6
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Why am I getting charged when my contract has expired? My contract ran out and I was due an upgrade but decided to change providers and get a new phone so cancelled my direct debit, I'm not happy to pay the charges 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24000 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

@Contract6 Contracts don't just stop at the end date. They become one month rolling contracts until you cancel. Cancelling a Direct Debit doesn't cancel your contract. You need to go through the correct process:

Cancelling your contract - An updated guide - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24000 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

@Contract6 Contracts don't just stop at the end date. They become one month rolling contracts until you cancel. Cancelling a Direct Debit doesn't cancel your contract. You need to go through the correct process:

Cancelling your contract - An updated guide - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7939 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

As you cancelled you Direct Debit, if you have not closed your account these will appear as missed payments on your credit file

O2 will not contact you. If you carry on everything will be handed to debt recovery and your chance of credit in the future seriously compromised 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 3