Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data blocking

kannerjoe
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi thinking of joining O2 on pay monthly o was wondering if there is any way to block 4 g data in my 02 app . For example blocking on the network.

Thanks Joe
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @kannerjoe 

The only way to reduce data usage is to apply a Spend Cap

https://www.o2.co.uk/business/support/billing/spend-cap

Also go for a tariff with the lowest data allowance.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
If you mean not using 4G, then you can set your phone to only look for 2G & 3G in settings.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143414 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@kannerjoe 

I don’t think we understand what you mean?

short answer is no, you can’t block 4g, but what are you trying to achieve exactly?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

vagusorbis
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If I understand correctly, OP wants to block data usage (i.e. data barring) from the account setting, not on the device setting. This feature is available on Vodafone account that you can turn on "data barring".

Apparently, the setting on the devices to toggle data usage on/off is not completely stable. I've recently switched to PAYG as I'm not using the phone much during lockdown. I turned off the data on the device (and only use wifi), but somehow it still "leaked" data connection and costed me data usage everyday. Luckily I managed to convice customer service to refund. But if it keeps happening then I don't think people will continue to believe me.

I'm also looking for this feature on O2 account setting, but couldn't find anything.

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143414 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
That option is not available with O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Could you enter an incorrect APN so that it would not connect @MI5?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 143414 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

You could but it would reset every time you restarted the phone.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Oh. Well that would not work then...

Message 9 of 9