Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for premium & information text

Jane7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
How do I get a refund from Premium & Information Services txt msgs have not signed up for?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Jane7 

Help here Guide: Have you fallen for or been conned into a premium rate scam? What to do next 

and here www.payforitsucks.co.uk

Preventative measures here Guide: Tips to avoid unexpected charges on your bill 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Jane7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have emailed valuestay.mobi customer services to unsubscribe & ask for a refund. The have agreed & asked for my bank details. Not happy about giving them that information but how else do I get my money back?
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Ask them to send you a cheque or postal order that you can cash at the post office.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Payforit_Sucks
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Jane7 wrote:
I have emailed valuestay.mobi customer services to unsubscribe & ask for a refund. The have agreed & asked for my bank details. Not happy about giving them that information but how else do I get my money back?

Unfortunately these scam "services" are rarely able to refund directly back to your phone account. You may be able to use Paypal, or a text based postal order (where you take a code to the Post Office to get payment in cash). 

Make sure that you file a complaint with the Phone-paid Services Authority here:  https://psauthority.org.uk/for-consumers/report-an-issue 

There have been a large number of complaints about this "service" and it warrants investigation.

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Message 5 of 5