Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling my 02 contract from abroad.

HANb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I hope everyone is safe and well. Unfortunately, I had to move from London after 14 year back to my country as we all know the covid situation. I have been with O2 ages and my contract can be canceled anytime. However, as I am abroad already I have been told by customer representative that in order to cancel my contract and keep my phone number as pay as you go my sim has to be in UK. Which as you can imagine is pretty much impossible at this moment. I know I can post it but that will take some time and I still have to deal with some formal things in UK through my phone. So losing my number completely is just not acceptably but not fair as I still have to pay the contract even when I am not gonna be using it.
Also, back in London I was told it's ok to cancel it abroad.

Can please anyone advice or suggest where I can call to solve this issue or is really my only option to post my sim card to the UK?

Thank you so much in advance for your help.

H.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@HANb 

I don't see why you have to be in the UK.

Sure, the PAYG sim would have to be posted to your registered UK address, but from there, can someone send it on to you?

You also need to top up the PAYG sim to activate it which can be done through a website, as indicated in this post Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

HANb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you for the answer. I was just hoping there is an another solution as I need my number with me but dont need my data and pay the contract while I am not using it. I appreciate your answer.
Message 3 of 3