cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Community - Default to Discussions view on "Unread Posts" click?

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35946 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

When I log onto the O2 Community board, I usually head for the "Unread Posts" link at top right. 

Is there a way I can get this to land me on the Discussions tab rather than the Posts tab? 

Not immediately obvious in the many options in "My Settings" or "Preferences"... 

Screenshot_20170820-155144_01.png

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Message 31 of 49

pgn
  • 35946 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:
You're the man! smiling Have a proper Apple appleLOL

Only if there's a decent bit o'cheese along with it yahoo

Message 32 of 49

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12071 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
I would stay with posts rather than discussions, but would definitely have it sorted so the oldest unread post was the first one in the list rather than the last.
Who wants to start reading a topic/thread at the most recent post?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 33 of 49

Cleoriff
  • 122940 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
I would stay with posts rather than discussions, but would definitely have it sorted so the oldest unread post was the first one in the list rather than the last.
Who wants to start reading a topic/thread at the most recent post?

Thing is @gmarkj this is also a problem that has been going on for a few months. Before, no matter what post you clicked on, it used to take you to the first new unread post on that thread. Now it just takes you to the one you click on and you have to scroll all the way back to find the first unread one slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 49

Cleoriff
  • 122940 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Here's an example (on my pc) If I click on the one highlighted in yellow it takes me to that exact post. (Note there are 3 unread on the same topic) Prior to lithium 'adjusting something' I would be taken to the post I have ringed in red which is the first one I haven't read.   (Even if I clicked on the one highlighted in yellow) unread 1.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 49

pgn
  • 35946 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

I select Unread Posts, click on Discussions tab, scroll to the topic I want, then click on the Number between the Topic title and the original Topic poster - and it takes me to the last Unread post in that topic.

Just sayin'  tongue

Message 36 of 49

Cleoriff
  • 122940 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

I select Unread Posts, click on Discussions tab, scroll to the topic I want, then click on the Number between the Topic title and the original Topic poster - and it takes me to the last Unread post in that topic.

Just sayin'  tongue

Though that's still time consuming @pgn?

Also, It very much depends on how you use the forum. I don't 'select' topics or posts to read...I read them all. Therefore if I click on the first one showing at the top of the list I am now taken to that post...instead of the first unread one on that thread.  I have been posting for over 4 years and this change 'happened' about 6 months ago.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I can just add my 2 pennorth ... I click on unread posts to see what I'd like to read, then go back to the beginning ... I take @Cleoriff's point above  ^  ^  ^  that method is time consuming & the alteration she describes I have to admit I havn't noticed = that's just me being rather dim & I don't have the knowledge like her = who is one of the regulars on the community who helps others - I just don't have any knowledge to impart & only help others with my technical & yes sometimes damn daft questions

I agree Cleo' it should be altered back to how it was for ease of use for the good people on here who regularly help others

Message 38 of 49

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Now I just keep clicking on "Next" until I reach the oldest then work forward from there.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 39 of 49

Cleoriff
  • 122940 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:
Now I just keep clicking on "Next" until I reach the oldest then work forward from there.

Though you would agree that it changed @Beenherebefore? Previously if you clicked on a post it took you to the first unread post in that thread. (Always denoted by the word (NEW) next to it? )

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 40 of 49