cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many others have been completely misinformed by a shop worker, when discussing tariff swaps?

PeeJayEff
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thief: Oh yes sir, we can reduce this bill. Just sign here but come back after 6 months and we’ll swap you off this tariff, as that’s when it doubles in price. 
Me: Sounds fishy mate. 
Thief: We do it all the time. 
6 months pass …

Me: Hi. You told me to come back after 6 months when this tariff doubled in price. 

Their: Sorry sir, you’re on this tariff for another 18 months. You can pay it off in full now if you want to. 
Me: You’re a robbing thief. 
Thief: You’re not the first to say that Sir. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10182 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@PeeJayEff 

No.. 

Sounds like customer hears what they want to hear..   And calling a member of staff a thief is just going to get there back up...

You really should read your terms and conditions before signing anything, so am afraid it on you.. 

You can log into myo2 and see if there are any tariff changes, you can make... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Just come to this after reading the Guardian article on the rising abuse to retail workers. That article mentions name calling

And where did this supposedly take place. 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

I've been on the end of these sort of calls working for O2 and for RBS

Warn customer once, then if necessary cut customer off

BIG RED NOTE on customer account marked ABUSIVE!!

Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5689 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@PeeJayEff 

If you feel that you were really "led up the garden path" by this member of O2's staff, why don't you make a complaint ? I can take you through the complaints' procedure, and you can tell O2 when and in which branch this happened ; they are likely to investigate it meticulously because if your version of events is correct, the member of staff probably manipulated you, a gullible customer, to increase his commission. 

However, did you really think that this was likely to work ? You could quite easily have gone back to the store and found that the member of staff was no longer employed there ; or did not remember you. You might even have found that the branch had closed down. I think that it unlikely that you would have accepted this without something in writing and I believe that a complaints' handler might well take that view too.        

Message 5 of 5