Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Unlock request

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

So to cut a long story short, I requested a network unlock code for my LG handset.

In the supplied instructions, it says I must use the Original SIM however after typing the relevant code it says, all the lock options are disabled and I can only dismiss it.

I watched a video where it shows you them placing a secondary SIM (another network) into the handset instead where it then requests you type in the code. Something at the back of my head is telling me this makes sense. I can't remember what I did with my Samsung Galaxy S2 although I think I swapped it for an Orange SIM, typed the code and reset it.

Have I been sold a one trick pony? Or shall I wait till I get another MicroSIM and try it like in the second video. TBH I can't be bothered talking to O2 customer support.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

captainprice
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 165 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
Have you got to use a ee or Vodafone sim I got the u locking code for my Nokia 620 put it in but I put a Sainsburys sim in which piggy backs of the Vodafone network does this mean my Nokia is still locked to o2
Message 21 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sainsbury sim should be fine as it is not o2
Message 22 of 46

captainprice
  • 165 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
Thanks for the reply not leaving o2 got it unlocked so I can use it as a 2nd phone when I get a new 1 again thanks for the reply piperdog
Message 23 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cool captainprice

Glad to have been of assistance. Would you be so kind as to mark the thread as solved if you feel it has been.

Thank you
Message 24 of 46

captainprice
  • 165 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
How do I do that is it the kudo thingy or something else
Message 25 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

If you go back to your original post one of the options will be to mark it as solved.

Kudos - these are to recognise members who give good advice. When using the Community if you think a member has given you good advice/support them please do give them kudos.

Message 26 of 46

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@captainprice wrote:
How do I do that is it the kudo thingy or something else

Just press the options button on the relevant post:smileyhappy:

Message 27 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Our primary aim captainprice is to help and advise.

Glad your sorted.

Message 28 of 46

captainprice
  • 165 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
I have not got the option to mark as solved only mark as new sorry about that hope it doesn't cause any problems
Message 29 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Causes no problems at all.

All we want is to help and assist.

Message 30 of 46