Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Service from 02

Kenny08
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Here goes another week, that has been since the 16th October they have been working on the mast that serves my area. Spent days trying to get through, keep getting put round the call centre. Everytime I leave my house no signal, and when I do it drops the calls. Went to the shop and the manager got through to them, he pointed out in their terms and conditions I can leave without early termination fee as the aren’t providing a service agreed too. 02 are refusing to acknowledge their terms and conditions and are refusing to let me leave even though they can’t provide a service. They think it’s acceptable to keep me tied in to a contract that they can’t keep to their side of it. They have now refused to acknowledge my request for a deadlock letter so I can take them to the ombudsman about their disgraceful behaviour and attitude. If anyone is thinking of joining 02 I wouldn’t, they are worst network to deal with complaints, they just big you down with making life difficult to complain, so you’ll just give up and accept.

this is all you get from them below, nearly 3 months and they resolve the problem, 

EH32 OTY

Our Network can get busy in this area.

This means your data could be slower than normal. We're sorry about that. Just so you know, from Monday 16 October 2023 we'll also be carrying out work with the aim to improve our network service in this area.

We're sorry if your service is affected while we work - we'll do our best to minimise any impact. Our top tips for staying connected would be to find local Wifi hotspots and download whatever content you need whilst connected to Wifi, so you can still enjoy it on the move.

Updated 19:07 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

Keep Me Posted

Register for an update when this issue is

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7338 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 1606 Solutions

Seeing you have a capacity issue the fix they are working on could involve a lot of things in the background. Could be cabling, new box equipment, new antenna etc. It probable uses several different contractors.

Took EE 18 months round here to get new infrastructure in an commissioned after they had to close one of their towers

As I mentioned in you other post, nothing we customers can do for you

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 8132 Posts
  • 167 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Kenny08 

I don't think that you simply ask for a deadlock letter. You have to make a formal complaint to O2 and give them the opportunity to respond to you satisfaction. If you are not satisfied, you can ask for a deadlock letter or after a period of 56 days has elapsed, move forward without it. This is all described in :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

It is important that you carefully follow these procedures otherwise you will not achieve a resolution. You also need to be clear as to what outcome you want, as network issues are subject to many "ifs and buts", with the T&Cs of service being heavily weighted in O2's favour.   

Message 3 of 3