Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Discussions and Feedback

Topics: 688

Re: Delete post option?

Agree totally. However sometimes, with the level of technical expertise shown on here, I forget to look for the simple and start looking for the obscure Smiley Embarassed

*The Game Is On*

Level 44: Clearly Talented

Easily done Smiley Happy

Should probably collate a dictionary of the standard acronyms used on this forums.

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told Smiley Wink
Topics: 535

[ Edited ]

Test post to see if I can edit or delete.....

Edit, yep, I can edit, but delete has gone !!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 247

[ Edited ]

I sometimes find that the "Delete" and "Edit" buttons are gone!

No "Delete" button for this post either, straight after I've posted.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

Nice to know I'm not losing itSmiley Happy

Well not too much anyway Smiley Very Happy
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told Smiley Wink
Topics: 548

[ Edited ]

It has normally been that you can delete or edit a post straight away but the delete option had disappeared after someone else posted after you.

EDIT...Yes delete option has self deleted itself!!

Former Staff

Hi guys,

I have removed this option from the community for a good reason.

Luckily, right now we have very little abuse or offensive content on the community (which is wonderful), but if we do get any, I don't want the ability to delete it to be present, as it could mean that we miss stuff that is nasty or upsets anyone. So it's to protect you all Smiley Happy

I hope that makes sense!

Toby
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Topics: 535

I don't understand as you could only delete your own posts, so if you wrote something nasty and then thought better of it you could just edit it anyway?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 548

I think the option to delete your own post should remain. It surely should be an option to at least edit the post, this again is no longer an option after an hour or so.

I do agree completely with the edit option remaining. I can understand that some people edit previous posts to support their flawed arguments but its pretty obvious when that happens.

I like being able to edit when I spot a stupid mistake I've made when posting previously.