Did you mean: 

Switched providers but still getting charged with a direct debit

Jason10
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

So recently I've switched from o2 to Sky mobile and kept my same number. I have also deleted my account on My O2. I am still getting charged for my monthly rollover plan. I contacted o2 and they said they've taken everything off the system their side so I need to contact my bank.

I'm with monzo which isn't possible to contact a person to help. On the app it says that there is no DD set up so how is it possible I'm still being charged £10?

I can dispute a payment, but I need to provide proof of canceling my O2 subscription, I do not have proof of canceling, how do I provide proof? All I've done is switch providers and delete my account. There is no DD option on MY O2 website

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10664 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@Jason10 

You can contact Monzo, you just need to select the Help Option in the App, (Never heard such rubbish, Monzo are the same as all banks and have help available)...

The problem is you have set up a Continuous Payment Authority, which means you need to dispute it in the app, by clicking on the last transaction from o2 and then go into it, and then click Something wrong and follow the prompts.. 

You can also call o2 CS on 0344 809 0222 and get them to remove it if they need to...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

Jason10
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Fair enough, I followed the steps on monzo like you suggest. It says I need to provide some sort of proof for canceling my o2 account. It's frustrating because I don't have any and I don't know how to provide this. I switched to Sky and kept my number and deleted my O2 account.

Is there somewhere on My O2 where you can change your direct debit or see your payment plan? 

Message 3 of 4

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23543 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3748 Solutions

@Jason10 If you gave Sky your PAC and your number is now with them your O2 account should have been automatically canceled.

Call the O2 Payment Management Team on 0800 902 0217.

The opening times are:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4