cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service

Anonymous
Not applicable
I brought the subject of customer service up back in 2012 when I received some poor, in my opinion, service. It's reassuring to see that in 2014 nothing's changed.

I have four contracts with O2 and I think now is the time to take my business elsewhere. I ordered a new phone yesterday to be told it would be delivered today. At 8pm last night I got a text message to say that the phone was out of stock and that they would let me know when it was back. I decided to log into myo2 tonight to see if there was an update. There was. Without any form of notification from them they have camcelled my order. I rang this evening to ask why. Unbelievably no one can tell me why it's been cancelled. To reorder the phone I have to go through the whole application again. I did it yesterday and it took me best part of 45 minutes. I appreciate this is a legal requirement but I did do it yesterday and it isn't me whose cancelled the order. I politely said to the lady on the phone that I wasn't prepared to do it again and I appreciate it wasn't her fault.

I've been a customer for 20 years+. The saying that springs to mind is "absence makes the heart grow fonder". After all these years it's time I feel to say goodbye. In a business which I accept is fickle, it would be nice to think that such a long standing customer may be made to feel important.

Goodbye O2. As Big Chris said in Lock Stock "It's been emotional".

PS. At the time of finishing this post I still haven't had notification from O2 they've cancelled my order.
Message 1 of 26
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Gubsy,

Let me know when you do, or if you are still waiting in a few days time, as I can look into it for you.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 21 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23080 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

There aren't many here who would blame you for wanting to leave after an experience like that. Ordering online recently has become a trial for many. If you search the forum you will find many stories similar to yours. Just be sure that when you do decide to cancel and move elsewhere that the provider you choose gives you a decent signal. Loyalty counts for nothing with O2 any longer. If you can find a better deal for yourself elsewhere, then it's time to move on.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Another example of poor customer service. O2 just don't get it anymore.

If you do decide to trade to a new network may I politely recommend you try out some payg sims for your preferred new network to make sure they work ok. Please don't rely on online coverage checkers. They are frequently not fit for purpose.
Message 3 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Sorry to hear if your experience.

If you would like to retain your mobile number then perhaps this guide may help -> http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...

Please do not cancel your direct debit until a few months after you recieve your final bill , just incase because if they do try to take a payment and it defaults, even if it's their error ,you could be in for a long journey to sort it out.

I would suggest trying out any new network via their Payg SIM cards where you live, commute and work.

If your phones locked to O2 then you can unlock it free so it works on other networks or increase its retail value. Online unlock form -> https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

Good luck.
Message 4 of 26

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122940 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Sorry to hear about this. The fact that no-one had the courtesy to inform you about your order being cancelled is absolutely outrageous.

It's a good job you checked and found this out for yourself!

I hope you have a better experience elsewhere. Good luck...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the unlock link. I've just submitted a request to unlock the 3 of my 4 phones that were locked. Once done I'm off.
Message 6 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Given your awful experience I don't think many will blame you.

Sadly o2 continue to grow so they won't acknowledge the poor customer service that many are now reporting.
Message 7 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're very welcome for the link @Anonymous

Take care. 😄
Message 8 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its once of those awkward situations as if O2 are the best where you are, you might be best to "bite the bullet" and stay.

Personally i moved to EE after issues with O2 and they are superb......even ordered free EE TV!!!

Good luck

Message 9 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

i know how you feel i paid 2upgrade my phone they even took money out of my account then have the nerve to cancel my order know got to wait 10 days for the money to be reinbursted as like you they told me to re order YEAH im really gone give them money again. told me it was prob a sys error ha ha. was it the samsung galaxy note 4 you ordered by any chance .

Message 10 of 26