cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G Signal in Cheltenham Town Centre

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Before I contact O2 support with this, I was wondering whether there are any other residents of Cheltenham on here who have absymal data performance in the town centre. I appreciate the large volumes of people (although surely not significantly larger than any other town centre) but the even though the phone consitently reports it has 3G signal mobile data is completely unusable. Not even slow, there is no point even attempting to use it. Never have this problem anywhere else...

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
In afraid this is a national problem hence the 4g rollout. There are capacity issues with 3g and once capacity has been breached you may see a signal but might struggle to get capacity.

Unless a mast is down there isn't a great deal you can do until the Network Modernisation Programme reaches your area.
Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Look here http://status.o2.co.uk and perhaps download the MYNETWORK App http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network to report the masts if they are showing as good.

Get as many as possible on O2 in your area to do the same to lend Weight to the issue.
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
It's a common o2 3g problem in areas that haven't received the network upgrades yet.
It's been like this in my area for 18 months or more.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
In afraid this is a national problem hence the 4g rollout. There are capacity issues with 3g and once capacity has been breached you may see a signal but might struggle to get capacity.

Unless a mast is down there isn't a great deal you can do until the Network Modernisation Programme reaches your area.
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies everyone - I will download the suggested apps and take a look.

I appreciate very much the explanations which do provide a better understanding of the problem, however I will still be registering a complaint with O2 if this continues as I am paying for a service which I am simply not receiving. I imagine I'll be directed to some small print or Ts&Cs but I think this should be better publicised, especially when the phone is bought in store in the area.

Message 5 of 5