Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No international service

Dee-ess
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am in africa and o2 obviously have put an international roaming bar on my business account because neither of the phones on my business account have any signal. I have borrowed someone else’s phone, twice at great expense, to try and get it sorted but O2 say everything is ok and cut me off. I cannot do anything else as we have no access now to any other comms than internet WiFi. And o2 don’t have a WhatsApp communications channel. I have tried all the handset measures to resolve but no joy. I suggest that 02 removed all our services when they renewed our contract last week but as they don’t have anyone that knows anything in the call centre I am stuck. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36422 Posts
  • 234 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

You need to persist with O2 Business team from another phone to the number below - you may be able to use Guide: A Guide to Skype to make this call cheaper, @Dee-ess - and the guide BAR list here Guide: O2 BARs may help, and the page about Business Bars is here: https://www.o2.co.uk/business/support/accounts-and-billing/bars-and-bolt-ons

Calling around 8am GMT seems to get in more quickly, as queues are shorter. Good luck!

0800 977 7337

Message 2 of 19

Dee-ess
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks but I really have no other phone to use now. It’s a bit much to ask a stranger to borrow their phone to make a costly call only to be told everything looks fine. We have always travelled and never had any call bars applied to our account. I’m still stuck I’m afraid. 

Message 3 of 19

pgn
  • 36422 Posts
  • 234 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

And Skype on your pc or phone, does that help? No cost call if it works. It certainly works for the non-business Payment Management Team on 0800 902 0217, @Dee-ess 

Message 4 of 19

Dee-ess
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You can’t set Skype up without a sms service! Which due to no service….

Message 5 of 19

Dee-ess
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

WTF. Just written chapter and verse on their ineptitude and they decided it was time to log in again and lost the text. Still 48hrs without service. 

Message 6 of 19

pgn
  • 36422 Posts
  • 234 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

@Dee-ess wrote:

You can’t set Skype up without a sms service! Which due to no service….

Does Skype not offer to send you an e-mail to set it up? Registering your phone is an optional step:

pgn_0-1710513374228.png

Message 7 of 19

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6280 Posts
  • 111 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Dee-ess 

This tutorial explains how to set up Skype using an e-mail address to verify it :-

How to Use Skype | Digital Trends

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-use-skype/

Hence, if you are able to post on this forum, there is a strong likelihood that you will be able to download and set up Skype and get it working. 

There is also :-

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

That guide gives many ways of contacting O2 so it might be worth browsing it to establish if there is any other method that works for you. 

Have you tried the social media channels as detailed in that guide ? 👍

Message 8 of 19

Dee-ess
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I must be missing something as it wants to take me through my Ms365 account. And as I am using my phone I don’t seem to have an opportunity to choose email verification.   Anyway the last borrrowed phone call said that it is an o2 issue they have done a full reset and removed all bars. Still no service though 56 hours with no service down to o2 and counting. 

Message 9 of 19

Dee-ess
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Still nothing this morning. Is customer service even open at weekends?

Message 10 of 19