Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
They clearly don't seem capable of following the brief they have been given! 😐
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 have been a bit sneaky on this one, basically they have bundled the tethering into the latest tariffs, but left it as an additional bolt-on on the existing tariffs, that bolt-on costs £8.50 or something like that.
So new or upgrading customers can take the new tariff but the loyal existing customer on an O2 contract is to be stung for an extra £8.50.
If you have an iPhone 4 you are presumably already paying £8.50 for the iPhone bolt-on, then they get you for another £8.50 to tether that to your PC.
its all in the T&C's of course, but it you aren't eligible to upgrade at the moment you get stung, seems wrong to hurt your "loyal" existing customers this way, but who ever said life was fair.
Could try arguing the point with O2, once the Tethering bolton is enabled on your account, the tethering options in the iPhone start to work and its easy peasy.
Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is no £8.50 bolt on, the options are £3, £6 and £10.
I have to disagree with the premise of your post from a personal point of view. I am an existing customer such as you described, and I was only 3 months into my new iphone contract but I just changed it to one of the new ones, doubled my data allowance and got tethering plus MMS included that I didn't previously have and still pay the same price as before, so your standpoint is actually flawed.
Also, whereas before for the charge of £30.50 I had 500mb, like it or lump it, I can now choose how much data to pay for and if I go back to 500mb I will actually pay £4 less than I was and am now.
So whats to complain about?
Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm on a business O2 contract with 10x handsets, and my comments are based on what O2 told me when I asked.
As I'm not at an eligible upgrade point they say I cannot change to the new tariffs (which inlcude the tethering) and based on the old tariff the iPhone bolt on and the Tethering bolt ons cost £8 something each - prepared to admit I may be off on the pence but the pounds is correct.
My comments are based on what O2 have told me and nothing more, maybe if I ring them today they will tell me something else, but I rang them when I first heard about the new tariffs with the built in tethering, and that was where they stood. So my standpoint isnt flawed its based on what my O2 account manager told me.
Don't hate the player, hate the game!
Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Right, if you mentioned being a business customer before I must have missed it, and with this not being the business customer forum I assumed you were talking about consumer options. The rules for business and consumer do vary quite spectacularly, but I had always perceived that the big spending business got a better choice than little old me, maybe not then. 😐
Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry my bad, I didn't mention the business contract in the first post as it didn't seem pertinant, more fool me eh grin
Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not to worry, but I do wonder why they won't let you change? If you do get an answer of any sort could you put it on here cos it sounds very unfair.
Message 17 of 18

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
bolton on business was £8.51 + VAt
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 18 of 18