Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message when trying to extend rings

nannycarol
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've changed from a samsung to iphone using same sim card. However when trying to extend the ring time to 30 seconds using the forum guide I get the following error message:

Error performing request unknown error

Setting registration failed voice call forwarding when unanswered

Can anyone help please.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37497 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1706 Solutions

You may find your SIM needs some settings modified since moving it to an iPhone from a Samsung handset, @nannycarol - quickest way would be to head to an O2 store with some photo id and phone(s) and SIM in hand. 

Unless your current sim is 5g (new within the last 36 months) you will need a new sim to access 5g on the iPhone. Also iData needs to be enabled for full functionality of some iPhone apps.

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

@nannycarol 

Check the tips in this guide https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/How-to-Lengthen-Ringtime-on-any-O2-Mobile/td-p/362784/page...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 4

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37497 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1706 Solutions

@nannycarol has already used the forum guide, but perhaps not down to that particular response to it.

Google reveals this, admittedly for a different network than O2, but an iPhone:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/iphone/iphe9bdd027a/ios

See if that helps?

Message 4 of 4