cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 reception.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is o2 reception worse than competitors? I recently switched from orange and have found the phone to be virtually useless in norfolk and cambridgeshire other than in a city and a recent trip to the highlands and inner hebrides orange gave me virtually full coverage if sometimes just text and voice even 3 miles out to sea, whereas o2 was unusable. Also relyin in wifi is ok but not when you cant get texts from your kids because tugo isnt on windows phones. Im in a two year contract now with a service that is pretty poor so far.
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chris.

Thanks for updating your thread.

Take care.

Message 31 of 33

Asdic_Ping
  • 87 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

First off my apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but I thought I'd share my experience of my recent stay in Fort William and the O2 coverage there. The OP stated that they got no signal there. I got a good 3G signal and was able to use my Playbook tethered to my 9810 to surf the net and pages loaded in a reasonable time. Having said that I also visited the town of Mallaig where O2 claim to have good 2G coverage both indoors and outside. I got nothing. However I'm not surprised by this because the nearest O2 masts are approximately 9.5 kilometres to the south where the signal would have to travel across very hilly terrain and 11 kilometres to the north (on the Isle of Skye) where the signal would have to travel across an expanse of sea. People with me on EE and Vodafone did get a signal however. All this goes to show that you cannot rely on coverage checkers if you live in places where the signal could be flaky to non-existent, do some research beforehand before committing yourself to an operator that might not be able to deliver a decent signal no matter what their coverage checker says. Different models of handset can also play a part in this.

BlackBerry 9300, 9810 & Playbook
Message 32 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome to the community

our general advice to people thinking of signing up to a 2 year contract is to get a free payg sim for your chosen network and see if it gives a good signal in the places you visit regularly.

Otherwise good feedback there. Thank you
Message 33 of 33