Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new Esim stuck in "processing"

Rosalyn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have been told I need to wait 5-10 days for an E-Sim swap to take place. Did not even want a Sim swap but due to not receiving calls or being able to make calls since yesterday morning this is what customer services advised I needed to do. Now I am stuck with no resolution 

Anyone else got any bright ideas

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38247 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

If you requested a replacement SIM, regardless of whether an e-SIM or a regular, plastic SIM, @Rosalyn, then O2 instantly disconnect/deactivate your current SIM - standard practice for several months or more now (as a search of the Forum would have revealed). 

Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update used to be the standard reference, but that has to change now with this change in policy.  O2 are also making it necessary to present in an O2 store in-person, with photo id, or call 202 or 4445 to get a replacement SIM of either type sent.

Note also your e-SIM can be downloaded from your MyO2, if you can access it (the MyO2 App may not ask for a one-time PIN, worth a shot).

{Please do not place identical questions on other threads in the Forum, thanks!).

pgn_0-1719159510851.png

Message 2 of 4

Rosalyn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I did not WANT a replacement E-sim. it was because of a service failure I was advised to have sim swap. it is apparently stuck in processing.... I am waiting and just feel worried due to others on this forum who have had similar problems.

Message 3 of 4

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38247 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions
Message 4 of 4