cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just plain greedy!

Anonymous
Not applicable
This will be the nail in the coffin for O2-UK!

just as OFCOM say you can't do it we now have to opt out of their ruling!

GREEDY!

O2 UK requiring new customers to agree to mid-contract price rises
http://www.androidcentral.com/o2-uk-requiring-new-customers-agree-mid-contract-price-rises
Message 1 of 90
89 REPLIES 89

Anonymous
Not applicable
Total joke if you ask me.

But somehow I am not surprised O2 has found a loophole...
Message 2 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fully Agree but these loopholes shouldn't exist and someone in ofcom should be getting a p45 for allowing them to
Message 3 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable
Kinda glad I'm on Refresh. As soon as I'll be able to put some money together, I will pay off my phone plan and I'm off!
Message 4 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable
Likewise with me and all my family are on O2 as well as we have the family bolt on so that's 9 they are going to lose
Message 5 of 90

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I keep pressing kudos by mistake on this iPad 😞

Anyways, I just wanted to say that I'm glad I'm on PAYG as I am always wary about monthly payments with anyone as there will never be any guarantee that the prices cannot be raised.

I like PAYG as I can manage what I use easier (without having to check my bill every month) and I think it is easier to add or remove bolt ons.

I think it is completely unfair to raise the prices and I think that a lot of O2 customers will be lost.

Message 6 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have a kudo back
Message 7 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mid-contract rises are never fun. I know that Virgin do mid-contract price rises, but at least they allow you to leave at no charge when a price rise occurs. You can also choose to go for a fixed price contract, though that waves you right for a cheap EDF (early disconnection fee) if ever need to leave for whatever reason. Overall, I'm not against mid-contract price rises as long as there are mechanisms in place to leave for free when the price rises or a cheap way to end the contract there and then.

I stopped being a O2 contract customer years ago, but kept my number with them on the PAYG basis. At one I was going to migrate away completely, however, due no providers supporting good indoor signal strength in my area I just chose to stay with O2 until that changes. Fortunately 4G is being installed into my area currently, so I think I will switch away for it whenever that work is done slight_smile

Message 8 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree and three and Vodafone have both agreed with ofcoms ruling not to rise prices but O2 have done the dirty underhanded trick and gone against it
Message 9 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lots of people are going to run after this I'm afraid.

Wonder if watchdog et al would be interested?
Be good to hear your thoughts.
Message 10 of 90