cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just plain greedy!

Anonymous
Not applicable
This will be the nail in the coffin for O2-UK!

just as OFCOM say you can't do it we now have to opt out of their ruling!

GREEDY!

O2 UK requiring new customers to agree to mid-contract price rises
http://www.androidcentral.com/o2-uk-requiring-new-customers-agree-mid-contract-price-rises
Message 1 of 90
89 REPLIES 89

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
I didn't say you were lying - I meant on past performance of price increases I wouldn't have believed the shop staff !!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 81 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable
There was a thing on watchdog I think it was last year where they did undercover filming going into O2 voda etc and asked the price and then said and that's fixed for 24 months only about 1 in 3 said it could go up and it was proved some of them lied
Message 82 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wish I'd seen that, Damien. I'd have taken my business elsewhere.
Message 83 of 90

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23523 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

I'm not defending the shop staff, but it's possible that in @Sunken's case that the the staff hadn't been told of the impending increase yet. There's no way of knowing. Regarding the Watchdog episode, what was the result of them showing that the staff had lied? What sort of contract are O2 shop staff on? Are they salaried or is their pay based on commission? If it's the latter, then you can see why they might be economical with the truth.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 84 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got ya. I was naive to believe the shop staff I guess. Silly me. It won't happen again. Once bitten and all that.
Message 85 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable
They shouldn't have lied it's not your fault really
Message 86 of 90

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
But surely they should have the courtesy, when asked outright if prices might go up during the contract period, to give that information. Instead I was told prices wouldn't increase. That O2 don't do that kind of thing. As far as I'm concerned I was lied to. I can't prove it. Sadly. Moving provider is the best option it seems. M sure I won't be the only one.

Next time you sign a contract whoever it's with spend 10 minutes reading the terms and conditions; for your contract with O2 they're in "Terms and conditions" at the bottom of every page on this web site.

All the shop could possibly tell you is that at the time you took out a contract no increase was planned, which it wasn't.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 87 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable

You should have all stayed on the simplicity 15 I have for the last 7 years buy your handsets off eBay for much less take the S4 can be had for £300 I believe it's still £500 from O2.

Once the S5 comes out your get it even cheaper.

Same goes for their broadboad still on it for as long as you can I've been paying £15.60 plus £6 for 20mb broad quiet happy even if the raise their prices it's not that much if your tarriff is only £15

3gb data fair use it's changed now if you upgrade

300 Any network minutes

200 02 Minutes

Oh did I mention the hotspot option on the Androids even better!

Message 88 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable

Never changed my simplicity tarriff had for 7 years only pay 15.60 so whats 2.5%?

Just buy your handset off line from eBay take the s4 you can find for £300 or so O2 want £500 plus and it's locked to the thier network. Which means you have to wait for them to test the adroid updates ( so they temped you to upgrade!)

Also on their broadband haven't moved to sky and signed another contract ( they too will put the price up next year) six months before they do for me and caughting. Did I mention the hotspot option the simplicity tarriff 15 is fair usage which is 3gb 02 confirmed this. They keep trying to upgrade me but I explain what I pay and what they can offer and guess what...

Just my view point

Message 89 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was never on the simplicity 15 tariff so therefore couldn't have 'stayed' on it.

Congratulations for you though.
Message 90 of 90