cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just plain greedy!

Anonymous
Not applicable
This will be the nail in the coffin for O2-UK!

just as OFCOM say you can't do it we now have to opt out of their ruling!

GREEDY!

O2 UK requiring new customers to agree to mid-contract price rises
http://www.androidcentral.com/o2-uk-requiring-new-customers-agree-mid-contract-price-rises
Message 1 of 90
89 REPLIES 89

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd be up for putting together some sort of petition to put to them O2 need to be named and shamed over this dirty trick
Message 11 of 90

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
It's not illegal but it is downright immoral..... esp considering Three and Voda have announced that they will honour the ruling....
WD might want to make sure the whole country knows about the new ruling and which networks will abide by it in the spirit intended....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let's get something started anyone know how
Message 13 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looking at e petition. I'll inform watchdog etc...

EVERYONE needs to inform watchdog though as more people that tell them the more chance they'll investigate it.

Link here

https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

They are also on twitter @bbcwatchdog
Message 14 of 90

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
It's not illegal but it is downright immoral..... esp considering Three and Voda have announced that they will honour the ruling....
WD might want to make sure the whole country knows about the new ruling and which networks will abide by it in the spirit intended....

I tweeted WD when the news broke today. They're off air at moment though so doubt they will do anything. Also tweeted Martin Lewis and Which.

Guess I'm heading back to 3 then as soon as I can buy out my refresh. I honestly can't fathom what O2 were thinking by this. Going to hurt their sales as well as people, particularly those in the know, wont sign up for a contract with compulsory increase clauses if other networks are offering fixed prices for the whole contract duration at the same, or quite possibly cheaper, prices

Message 15 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable
Consider it done
Message 16 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable
It does seem a bit backward!

Still the more that migrate to 3 the better for Telefonica when they sell up! 😉
Message 17 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looking at Vodafone now myself
Message 18 of 90

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Looking at Vodafone now myself

Anyone except EE and their siblings and you'll be OK 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 19 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable
Guys n Gals

To understand the price increase you first need to understand the business.

1. On other threads there is repeated reference to o2 picking up hundreds of thousands of new customers. As a result of this their network capacity is now struggling so much that on other threads lots of people are complaining about sudden sizeable drops in signal.

2. O2 will know that by putting prices up some customers will leave. This reduces strain on the network improving signal for the customers that remain.

3. It is widely speculated that Telefonica will sell up to Three. This may or may not be true but if they are looking to sell up putting prices up in the short term helps to increase value of the business.

My gut feel is that o2 are going to be sold as the timing and content of the announcement is a dreadful PR issue for them.

So. If you don't like it then you know what o2 will say?Leave if you don't like it. O2 don't listen to their customers over so many issues such as repair times for faulty masts for example.
Message 20 of 90