cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy s7

Anonymous
Not applicable

hello good moring

im so happy to have recieved my s7 edge  but i am a little puzzled and was asking the community if they could plz help     so preorded phone has arrived on time but the sim is not activated  and its bin in phone for 24hrs  now o2 are saying the sim wont work till the 11th   is this true or am i having my chain yanked    any help plz

Message 1 of 92
91 REPLIES 91

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's very annoying that it does not work, even can't redeem the headset ect because my phone and contract is not recognised.. shame that the o2 marketing and technical teams didnt work together and have the service ready.

Will wait a few days and then call back o2 and see what they say.

Message 61 of 92

xxscrappyxx
Level 4: Observant
  • 69 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

This must have been what my 6th sense was warning me about when I went to pre order several times and abandoned it. 

Message 62 of 92

Cleoriff
  • 123099 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It's very annoying that it does not work, even can't redeem the headset ect because my phone and contract is not recognised.. shame that the o2 marketing and technical teams didnt work together and have the service ready.

Will wait a few days and then call back o2 and see what they say.

We think there is someone else with a similar problem on here. Thanks to your post we have been able to highlight this could be the problem @Anonymous

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/sim-swap-for-galaxy-s7-been-over-24-hours-still-says-no-sim/m-p/955776#M54875

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 63 of 92

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123099 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Toby or @Martin-O2 Apparently @Anonymous has been told by CS there is a problem with the 30gb tariffs on the new contracts for the S7. Could you find out when it will be resolved please?

If this goes on for any length of time people will be paying for a phone they can't use and offers they can't redeem

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 64 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable
i think o2 are a joke why would you promote and sell a contract that clearly isnt working for woteva reason
i have not been told that there is a prob with 30gb tarriff but i have been told at least 6 different answers so far if they had said from the start the 30gb tarriff was the prob i wouldnt b as miffed as i am now
so far i have been told it will work in nxt 24hrs,will activate on 11th,in process,wait 5 days,we will get back to you and again in nxt 24hrs and on top of that you have to explain it to lots of different people
so you see why i am unhappy lol
thanx for all your comments and help folks
Message 65 of 92

Cleoriff
  • 123099 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

I understand your annoyance but it does seem to be an issue with the 30gb tariffs. Until @Anonymous posted we had no idea this was the problem. I have asked our community heads to confirm ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 66 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable
i just wish they would stop lying to me
Message 67 of 92

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Toby or @Martin-O2 Apparently @Anonymous has been told by CS there is a problem with the 30gb tariffs on the new contracts for the S7. Could you find out when it will be resolved please?

If this goes on for any length of time people will be paying for a phone they can't use and offers they can't redeem

Will do guys, let me know look into this 

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 68 of 92

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It's incredible to launch a tariff that is incompatible with the phone they supply., but over the  years I have learned never to be surprised with any o2 launch be it phone, tariff or app. Thankfully they are aware and own up to this issue. Hope it's a quick fix.

Message 69 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm annoyed at the problem.. but im also happy that i got told straight no messing around to what the issue was.

Just hope they can turn the issue around soon and maybe issue me with a VR headset for my inconvinance grin

Message 70 of 92