cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do 02 lie about their stock-levels

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, believe it or not, in the last month I've been through this process 3 times.

1: Ordered an Ipad and Iphone on "next day delivery" because the website said they were available

2: Paid the up front money

3: Got a text saying neither Ipad or Iphone was actually in stock

4: Cancelled the orders

5: Spoke to an adviser, who has told me that it's only certain colours/storage sizes that are out of stock (even though the website says all colours/storage sizes are in stock) and I should re-order a different one.

6: Re-ordered a different (colour, storage size) Ipad/Iphone

7: Paid the up front money

8: Got a text saying neither of these devices are in stock either..............

So that's 3 different Ipads, and 3 different Iphones (basically every device they do!) that 02 claim they have in stock, that they actually don't have in stock. 02 literally don't have any of the new Iphones or Ipad Pros in stock - but the website says they're almost all in-stock.

And it's not even as if it's close. When I say "out of stock" I mean, they don't have anything for 2-3 weeks at least.

I even had a situation where an adviser was telling me on the phone, that an Ipad was definitely out-of-stock and would be for at least a week, but the website was still taking orders for "next day delivery".

I'm starting to think it's just a business strategy. To secure orders, on products they don't even have. Just so you don't go to EE, or 3.

Seriously, I've never had  a situation with another provider when a "next day delivery" didn't show up. It's happened on 3 consecutive orders, with 02, on 6 different products.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@PiedPiper wrote:

@Beenherebefore wrote:
If for some reason @Beenherebefore you don't like the use of the word 'lie' perhaps you would prefer the word 'fraud'.

I do....it's much more accurate and until somebody takes the problem to their Trading Standards Office and the ASA then O2 will continue to use the procedure.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 11 of 14

MarkP
Level 1: Joiner
  • 21 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

join the club, checked stock levels, ordered an ipad pro to colect in store, webpage order confirmation stated 1st Aug, phoned on 2nd, hadn't heard anything, was then told 3 weeks....

was told, "you can cancel" and order a different model.....if I wanted a different model I would have ordered it...

if I'd have known it was going to be 3 weeks, I would probably still have ordered it, its not the delay thats annoying, its the fact that either their stock control is out of the dark ages, or they are deliberately selling stock they do not have !

a comment from O2 would be ammuseing !

Message 12 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

O2 won't comment and yes, they will carry on selling non-existent stock so your money is earning them interest and the salesmen get their monthly bonus. 

Message 13 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144358 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
A comment would be amusing as it's a standing joke on here, except no one is laughing at it !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 14