Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third Party offers

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

On the 29th December I upgraded my tariff (another 12 month sim only)

As soon as it went through I checked my contact preferences to make sure they were unchanged. The only one I wanted information about was O2 Priority. Everything was in order and remained as they were set previously. I checked again 2 days later. All fine.

However.. tonight I checked again (after someone posted about a third party offer they had received)

This is what I found

Third party offers.PNG

I can assure everyone reading this that I have made NO changes to my account. I have now changed third party offers to NO and saved changes.

I just advise everyone to make regular checks. I am furious that this has happened if honest....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Yes it is for sure. It's happened twice to me after contract changes.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Obviously it's the contract change that triggers it...even though mine remained exactly the same for a total of 3 days (at least) post upgrade.... It's more than infuriating that we need to be warning people to check their contact preferences when they take out a new contract.  Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 13

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

A contract change shouldn't change your preferences.  The last time this happened I believe no one had changed contract, default somehow changed to Yes...that should not happen! It just makes me so angry.

Message 13 of 13